+ Reply to Thread

Default Body Hair FUE Transplant - Any Examples of Donor Area Healing?

Hi all,

I am considering getting a 1500-2000 FUE done focusing on covering my crown area. Given that I have a large amount of chest hair, I wanted to reach out to a few of the top surgeons who also do BHT to add it into the crown.

I have seen how donor areas heal in a regular FUE procedure, but have never come across any websites that show how the chest area heals say 6 months or a year after the surgery.

If you know of any docs or websites that show these examples, could you please point me to them? I want to be able to understand what potential risk of scarring I am taking by doing a BHT.

Thanks.

Best to go to Dr. Cole's website. Or PM 35YearsAfter who can potentially get you some photo examples of various regions of BH and the healing afterwards. I am not speaking for them but is my intuition.

Dr. Umar in California does a fair amount of BH as well although not sure how they will respond to your request.

Dr. Cole is very transparent and passionate and a true researchist so he will IMHO be forthright with you...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

7 days post op about 4-5 years ago.

About 4-5 years later picture taken about 2 weeks ago …………….I can’t afford to have scars on my chest I would be devastated and yes I have seen some patients that have gone to clinics where large sessions were performed and I thought the scarring was really bad. My best advice……………very small sessions and constant evaluation.

Hi Topcat

I was wondering who your surgeon was?
    The donor area looks great.

I think the most important aspect of body hair transplants is the healing of the donor areas.
    There would be nothing worse than being hacked by a strip surgeon left with no other options than BHT
    Then left visibly scarred by a botched BHT.

Your results however look excellent

Anthony

Hi Anthony, it was Dr. Bisanga in Brussels Belgium.

I can't say enough good things about him............highly skilled and a very good human being.................warm, kind, integrity, etc.............all very important traits to have when working in the field of medicine. We have to be able to trust doctors to do the right thing just as much as we depend on them being skilled.

I agree with your comment I can't imagine having scars all over my body. I have several pictures of chest areas that were severely scarred from other patients with clinics who performed very large procedures so I know in fact that it does happen.

My suggestion is general even with scalp hair for new patients is to go small and find out for yourself what you are getting yourself into then if you change you mind it will be less of an issue down the line. With BHT one should be even more cautious, confirm results for yourself first.

Topcat,

Do you remember how long it took for the redness / scarring to fully heal and go away after the procedure was done?

Thanks.

Hi Messi, actually the chest was the area that took the longest to heal and the most sensitive during the extraction process. I would like to consider my pain threshold fairly high but I did find myself twinging quite a bit..........lol.........

Most of my extractions in general heal up in a matter of 2 weeks......I also believe nutrition matters.

The chest extractions from my memory took at least a couple of months.........that is for the redness to go away. I also needed to apply some type of barrier creme.............I was using an aloe/zinc oxide type. The reason being is that I found wearing a shirt had an abrasive effect on the area..........most especially in the gym.

Messi..... how's your beard supply?

Beard supply is good, but I'm pretty reluctant to use it (just don't want to be touching the face area). I think I will concentrate on the chest/stomach area and see if I am a good candidate.