+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Propecia + Rogaine 10 month progress

Here I am approx 1.5 years ago with rogaine only (pic on the left is 3 months after starting rogaine and the right pic is about 6 months after). No Propecia.

I started Propecia at the very end of last May, so have been on it approx 10 months. However, I didn't start the full tablet until October.

Have been using both the whole time.

Here's how my hair is so far:

So, i'm not even into a full year yet by any stretch and the results seem impressive. I would recommend this treatment to anyone suffering from loss. I'm only 23 (pushing 24), despite my pics I wouldn't say i was an 'exceptional' responder. There's still a lot of hair missing but i try to style it well. Hoping i'll continue to benefit. No hair falling on my pillow which is the only sign i can tell that my hairs stopped falling out. Noticed it about 5-6 months in. Only side effect i've had is the semen thing, still hasn't turned to normal consistency..don't think it ever will but tbh I can live with the sacrifice..hope I don't eat my words. I'm going to continue using it until I see a loss in effectiveness. Oh and another thing, i've been losing my hair very slowly since 2007 (hairline started around then). So i'm hoping that might link to Propecia's effectiveness with me specifically.

That looks very good, but please be honest in answering this, are you using concealers and/ or combing your hair a certain way in those pictures? What I'm getting at basically is if your hair is just messy and whether wet or under harsh lighting and without concealers, is it still an impressive result?

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    That looks very good, but please be honest in answering this, are you using concealers and/ or combing your hair a certain way in those pictures? What I'm getting at basically is if your hair is just messy and whether wet or under harsh lighting and without concealers, is it still an impressive result?
    I always style under harsh lighting to make sure it looks okay. But I style it messily, always have. It's essentially the same sort of styles i've been using for ages except the growth has filled in. In the first 2 pics I have my hair parted to show the extent of loss from before I started/with rogaine shedding. I don't use any concealer/never have. I use some styling gel and hair spray, thats it. It looks better wet when it did before but to be honest, I really don't care about that because im dry 99% most of the time, the only person who normally sees my hair wet is me. Can easily live with that shit.

I am not trying to take away from your success because to me it is obvious that you have regrown hair. Big difference between now and baseline pics, but I do see where Dav7 is coming from. The pics aren't the clearest, and the style really helps to conceal the loss. Again, not trying to offend and you really are showing improvement, but I always find it difficult to measure how much improvement their really is if hair is just grown and styled to conceal the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I am not trying to take away from your success because to me it is obvious that you have regrown hair. Big difference between now and baseline pics, but I do see where Dav7 is coming from. The pics aren't the clearest, and the style really helps to conceal the loss. Again, not trying to offend and you really are showing improvement, but I always find it difficult to measure how much improvement their really is if hair is just grown and styled to conceal the loss.
    My hair is much longer in the top two pics. Bottom pic was with a hair cut I had a couple of weeks ago, much thinner sides hence harder to comb over. I think it's more that you don't want to believe it but I want to stamp out as many of the doubters out there that I can. I don't need to prove anything to anyone because it's my hair at the end of the day. As long as I can style it the way I want I don't care about percentage growth or any of that nonsense, once it's become visibly clear it's ideal for me and enough to know there's been an improvement. I'll post another image with my hair unstyled and combed to show further under bright lighting

harsh lighting, no style or product, just combed down. Can still see balding, but i can live with that if im only 10 months in and technically likely to still see further improvement. Especially when i'm actually only 7 months on the full pill.

Quote Originally Posted by 22able View Post

harsh lighting, no style or product, just combed down. Can still see balding, but i can live with that if im only 10 months in and technically likely to still see further improvement. Especially when i'm actually only 7 months on the full pill.
    Ok that looks impressive, but how the hell did you manage to go from a NW3v approx back to NW1 (a thinning albeit NW1 nonetheless) is the space of only 10 months? Surely you are using something else here after from fin and min!?

Oh yeah dude, definite improvement. I wasn't trying to doubt your success, just saying that it is difficult for me to see true improvement with different styling. At the end of the day if you are happy, screw what I say or anybody else. Hope you have continued success.

Wow this is a very impressive result. Keep it up man best of luck to you.

Strong emphasis on the fact my hair is strongly parted in the top pic. I could style my hair like the other photos but it'd obviously be a lot thinner than it is now. My hairline is also growing in a little bit more but they are really fine hairs with not much density at all. Will perhaps post further updates after 1 year on the full tablet towards the end of the year. Other than that i'm just going to enjoy life now. Would highly recommend this treatment to anyone wanting to do something about their hair loss. It's changed my life for sure. Cheers.