Clear All
  • Jcm800
    • Jan 2011

Looking good OP.

Comment

• 22able
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by goldnt
      Hmm have you had any sheds? I can't tell since you push your hair to the front, but what norwood are you? Nonetheless those are some amazing results.
      I honestly can't tell which is really annoying because it meant that I went around 6 years not realising I was actually losing hair! I have no idea what pattern it is but I guess the first pic will tell you. My hairline doesn't seem to recede into a super high V like most I've seen. I had sheds with rogaine at the start, a fair bit. I tend to get a few hairs coming out every time I apply rogaine now but no shedding any more as far as I can tell. My bathroom floor has hardly any hair on it at all when compared to the times I was using just rogaine. Thanks.

Comment

• kadlec
        • Jul 2013

Very good results! Gives me hope.

How many sheds did you go through?
        Did your hair get a bit worse to begin with just after starting finasteride?

Comment

• 22able
          • Feb 2013

I don't remember my sheds. I definitely had a fair bit of hair coming out when I started applying rogaine. As for propecia, didn't notice anything drastic just that my hair stopped falling out. Start as soon as possible. 1 pill every day and then forget about it. My hair didn't look worse on finasteride but did a bit on rogaine. Means it's working though. I also put it down to bad hair cuts with too much cut off the top last time

Comment

• Mribby1
            • Jun 2013

Wow can we have another update. This is one of the greatest results

Comment

• K97
              • May 2014

I would also like to know how he's doing right now... I'm starting to look the same like he was in the beginning and am doubting to get on fin.. Also 24yrs old...

Comment

• 22able
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by K97
                I would also like to know how he's doing right now... I'm starting to look the same like he was in the beginning and am doubting to get on fin.. Also 24yrs old...

Took this yesterday. Note, my hair is straightened and styled. I'm still pretty bald but I have DPA i.e my hair isn't following a norwood pattern so I thin all over the top.

Comment

• goldnt
                  • Jan 2014

Post some more pics dude. Youve gained so much its amazing

Comment

• 22able
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by goldnt
                    Post some more pics dude. Youve gained so much its amazing
                    I'll try to if I can but I would much rather get some advice in a recent thread. I've posted and had a lot of views but no replies and it's really frustrating. Check it out if you can. Will try to get pics soon:

I had a bit of success with propecia but my hair is still fairly thin. Because my hairline has barely receded since I have DPA (i think?) I can still style my hair and the loss looks less noticeable. I'm pretty positive I do NOT have DUPA. It isn't in my family history as far as i'm aware and my sides and back are as thick as

Comment

• Johnny3Volts
                      • Aug 2014

Thats very impressive. By the looks of it youve had a result and a half, but in the first pics you showed you did mention that you had your hair parted to show the extent of loss. Now with that being said could you not part your hair in the same way you did for the first pics to show the extent of hair gain that youve made. Sorry if ive offended you, its not my intention, Im just curious to see you with the exact same parting that you did for the first pics.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                        Doctor Representative
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Johnny3Volts
                        Thats very impressive. By the looks of it youve had a result and a half, but in the first pics you showed you did mention that you had your hair parted to show the extent of loss. Now with that being said could you not part your hair in the same way you did for the first pics to show the extent of hair gain that youve made. Sorry if ive offended you, its not my intention, Im just curious to see you with the exact same parting that you did for the first pics.
                        Lighting, angle and hairstyle make a huge difference. For example, a clinic rep got an above average result from strip surgery and always showed pics of his repair result in the best light in the forums. When he later decided to have scalp micropigmentation (SMP), he parted his hair down the middle to compare and contrast before SMP with after SMP. With his hair parted down the middle and intent to make a bad before photo, his hair looked completely different than the photos he previously posted to highlight the success of his repair surgery.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                        The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                        Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• OrdinaryUser
                          • Jul 2014

Very good results, OP. About what time in your 10 months so far on finasteride did you start to realize you were responding well to the medication?

Comment

Working...