+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Randomb View Post
    Not sure if anyone still uses this forum? Anyhow, I haven’t posted in almost 6 years. I’ve been on finasteride daily since I first posted and my hair is pretty much the same. Not sure if I mentioned this in earlier posts, but I still don’t have any visible recession on my right temple. Perhaps the fin has halted any loss from occurring there. However, as of lately I feel as though my left temple has thinned more? I don’t know if this is because I moved lately and the bathroom lighting is different..

I’ve been thinking about going on dutasteride. From reading bits on the internet, the science behind it seems impressive. Blocking 2 types of DHT rather than 1. I wonder if anybody has made this transition with good results?

Hey man, im 19 rn and considering taking finasteride. Thank you for updating recently, this gives me hope to see someone take it consecutively for 6 years and retain their hair, starting at 19. Thank you man, I will probably be starting fin soon. My hairline is a lot worse than yours is, but if it stops ill be happy.

Didn't you get any thickening of your existing hair in those 6 years?

I couldn’t notice any thickening, but I didn’t document it too much with photographs.

2022 update:

I can’t believe I made my first post on here back in 2014. So much in life has happened since. I will soon be turning 28.

I’m sad to say that I eventually decided to switch to dut 0.5mg/day back in August 2020. The reason being that I shaved my hair during covid (as many people did and my hair on top of my head seemed thinner than the hair on the back and sides.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had good results. I’m pretty sure I’ve lost density. I’ve entered a horrible obsessive state of constantly checking my hair.

Just 4 months ago, I added RU58841 to my regimen, as I had read dut can increase T which can also effect hair loss. Can’t say I’ve noticed any improvement.

In the beginning, I used to just worry about my left temple (how I wish that was the case now) Despite the thinning, my temples look quite similar to how they’ve always looked but it scalp seems shiny/visible in certain lighting that a short cut can be revealing.

Back when I began treatment, I always remained hopeful that there would be great advancements in hair loss treatments over the years, but we still seem to be left with the same options. I suppose it’s always 5-10 years away, until it’s not, and suddenly it’s here, and hair loss sufferers experience a black swan moment.