+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Should I get on Propecia at 19?

Been losing hair since 16. It's been very slow and is only really occurring on my left temple.

I'm now 19.

Having read some horror stories I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet...
    Tbh I'm not too bothered about sexual side effects because I think most men can benefit from this to an extent!

So currently my temple has mostly fuzzy flimsy covering an area which resembles the typical shape of mpb. It hasn't receded much at all but the flimsy hair has an awful outline and reveals my scalp if I pull it back.

I am hoping that if I start propecia perhaps it would freeze the loss and maybe grow back my flimsy thin hairs..

What do you guys think?

Definitely yes. Just give it a try and see how you do. Maybe you're part of the 97% who won't experience any sides... Maybe Just bite the bullet and do it, i am also 19 and have am having regrowth on my hairline. Start off small and get a months supply and see how you do. Don't wait will you're a NW3 to get on it.

Yeah man I would talk to your dr and give it a try. I have had absolutely no side affects and have been on fin for almost 2 months now. If I had started just 6-12 months early my hair would be in so much better shape. I couldn't imagine how much better it would look if I started 2 years ago when I first started noticing the thinning. I took a little bit too long but you don't have to. Post some pictures so we can be sure its actual MPB and not just a maturing hairline because you definitely don't want to be on fin if you're not balding!!

Definitely give it a shot man. I wish I got on it at 19 but waited until I was 21.

Good luck!

The previous 2 guys that responded gave some good advice. I would just like to add that you should see a Dr. that knows about hair loss. Your best bet would be to see a dermatologist. I saw two doctors that told me there was nothing that I could do to save my hair. I wasted years and most of my hair because these a$$holes couldn't just say "I am not sure, let me refer you to another Dr. that specializes in that area".

Thanks guys I actually did see a doctor and he thought it was the early signs of mpb and has gave me a drug prescription for propecia.. All I have to do now is buy the stuff which I probably will after hearing this advice.

However I think maybe I should wait until my college exams are over so I don't sit them with propecia side effects like brain fog haha it's quite important that I pass.

Mribby can I ask how long have you been on propecia?

And notcool, I'm assuming if you took propecia that would help? I'm confused as to why they would say nothing can save your hair?

And a pic btw...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	25588  

I finally did get on propecia(finasteride), but it was 15 years after I first started losing. My doctor didn't even offer it to me. I had to tell him that I wanted to try it and pretty much convince him to write me a prescription for it. So keeping my expectations, I am just using it to keep from going slick bald. I have actually regrown some. I would say I am a diffuse NW3 with crown loss. Have been on it for about 9 months now.

Just saw your pic. That is exactly how I started. Get on that shit today. No not today, leave your computer and pop that shit right now.

I bet that must irritate you today, luckily my doctor was quite understanding. At least you're experiencing positive results from it, gives me incentive it give it a shot for sure...

Who knows, maybe in 10 years or so science would have advanced so much that we can clone hair. That would be a dream come true, ahhh