+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

No I wouldn't say that everybody that starts losing hair will eventually end up at NW7. I will say if you started losing hair at a young age like I did (22yo), the odds of eventually becoming an advanced norwood(6/7) are pretty high.

Propecia is such a commitment and I'm really worried about it going completely wrong. I think I'm gonna go for it the latter part of this month..

When can we honestly expect to see an invention that will fix everyone's hair? :l

Quote Originally Posted by Randomb View Post
    Propecia is such a commitment and I'm really worried about it going completely wrong. I think I'm gonna go for it the latter part of this month..

When can we honestly expect to see an invention that will fix everyone's hair? :l
    You can look back on threads in 2005 of people who said 5 years and there'll be a cure. It's 2014 now. Truth is no one really knows. It could be well over 10 years. In my opinion you're going to do yourself a disservice by not starting on fin. But at least try something else you're still going to lose hair and if you're waiting for a cure then I hate to say it by the time that comes around most likely you'll be completely bald.

Just purchased a 6 month supply of propecia, will start it tomorrow or Saturday.. Wish me luck lol

Quote Originally Posted by Randomb View Post
    Just purchased a 6 month supply of propecia, will start it tomorrow or Saturday.. Wish me luck lol
    Good luck brother I know exactly how you feel I was scared as shit when I started. You'll be fine. Keep us posted with how you do

You are doing the right thing, I wish I had got on it when I was 20 when I started going I didn't start till I was 23 by which point I was NW4 but I havnt lost any since taking it and had no side effects, I think taking it with a positive ttitude helps I was happy I wasn't going to have any sides from it and I havnt just wished id taken it younger and held onto most my hair, believe me if it works with no sides which it should it will be the best thing ever, and if it only works for seven years then you will have your hair for another seven years and keep you happy, its abit of a risk waiting to see if something better comes out hopefully one day it will but as has been pointed out, on some forums thre are psots going back 20 years saying cure in 3-5 years, if I had taken it at twenty and it only worked for seven years id still have all the hair left and wouldn't have to spend loads on concealer and looking at hairloss forums every day

Thanks guys! I'll make sure to keep you updated

Ok so I took my first propecia tablet.

Here's a clear photo of my thinning temple.

Let's hope everything goes well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	25744  

This is absurd. You're a NW1. I can't even see any signs of balding???

Creating a little widows peak at the age of 19 isn't something unsual.

Go see a dermatologist before taking a hormone drug?

Hello leonardo I did to see a doctor when I was 17 and he suspected that it was mpb, also.. Since first noticing it 3+ years ago it has slightly worsened.

I have considered that it could be a 'maturing hairline' but apparently there isn't minaturization when your hairline is maturing (which I find strange considering hair does have to go through stages of minaturisation in order to vanish as far as I'm aware)