+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

It does irritate me sometimes as a matter of fact. See my last post, haha.

I think I need to! What other choice do I have

you still writing? go and get propecia ! GO !
    or you will end up being bald and will suffer till the rest of your life, like me

Just want to share my own experience - I am 20 years old and started on 1.25mg generic proscar eod 10 months ago due to a hairline like this. I don't have any significant balding in my family and my dad has more hair than I do at 55 years old.

I experienced negligible sides but really bad frontal, crown and diffuse shedding in the first few months of taking fin which still has not regrown. After the initial shed my hair loss continued at the same/ slightly slower pace but i was definitely losing ground. I changed from generic to brand name finasteride 2 months ago in the hope that it will do more for my hair but it is looking worse than ever.

My advice to you would be to not take finasteride unless you start experiencing thinning of the crown, there are a lot of conflicting opinions on finasteride and frontal hair loss and it just isn't that successful. My own opinion is that everyone is different - but it probably won't help regrow the frontal region unless you are extremely lucky. In combination with minox you might have a better shot than I did but if you don't respond well to finasteride its an uphill battle to even maintain the hair you currently have.

At the end of the day you won't know until you try it - and that's why I took it - but there are some days I wish I just left things to run their course naturally instead of obsessing over temple recession that most guys experience to some degree as they get older.

There are a large number of young men on this forum who are dissatisfied with the results they have had with finasteride and some claim it has made their hair worse. Keep in mind finasteride isn't a wonder drug and you will still lose hair in the long run if you are an average joe responder.

Good luck with whatever you decide but don't rush into anything. Peace.

Propecia is not that bad! I also turned 19 january and got on it.

You have so much hair left! go save it!

I'm worried now... Apparently propecia only is effective for 7 years or so? :/

I've been on fin for 10 months and to me it thickened my hair in about 4. It varies how long fin is effective for some people can stay on it forever. Also what would you rather lose your hair now or in 7years. Anyway I share a similar concern but for me if i start losing ground then I'm going to switch to dutasteride and see how I do on that. Dut takes care of type 1 and type 2 dht. Don't worry about it. I'm 19 and on fin. We're in the same boat man if you really do have concerns and want to message me privately let me know. My advice is just do it and don't wait till you're a nw3 to think oh let's start.

Hmm it's a real tough decision. The thinning I have is so small and it will most likely worsen to something noticeable but I just hate that propecia serves no guarantee.

What happens if you've been on propecia for 5+ years and you come off it.. Will you go back to where you started or will you go to what you would have been if you had not taken the propecia?

Quote Originally Posted by Mribby1 View Post
    It varies how long fin is effective for some people can stay on it forever. Also what would you rather lose your hair now or in 7years.
    This.

There are many unknowns when it comes to hair loss treatments. Even if we eventually see a "cure", I doubt it will work for everybody. The only thing guaranteed is the longer you wait to treat your hair loss, the more you will lose.

So if you have mpb, is it pretty much set that you will keep on losing until you are pretty much bald... Or does it have mercy on some people and stop after some minimal thinning and that's it... No more will go