+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

hey Arashi, long time I did not read you... how are you doin? what is your plan for hair back?

no other news from Amsterdam and Maastricht?

It was pretty obvious to me from the beginning that Nigam was a complete fraud but this is even worse than I could imagine . Hopefully those articles in India about him facing some possible prison time end up being true.

Although I doubt this will be the case, I hope this ends up being a warning to some not to get carried away with the newest, unproven treatment. You should be extremely cautious before getting an invasive surgical procedure or ingesting/rubbing some chemical.

I have contacted some hospitals with one of the top dermatologist here, and none really know how to efficiently localize the follicles and remove them. They advised me to visit a good hair transplant clinic and let them do the butchering (exactly localizing the follicles is a blind procedure with allot butchering). Their suggestion was hair laser, which would destroy the other grafts as well so its a no go..

best case scenario is if the grafts could be located with some kind of ultra sound, but this requires a special probe I think?

advice for nigam: stop using the choi implanters if you don't know what you are doing. injecting the grafts to deep, or upside down, ain't fun! I'm still reaching for a solution to get rid of this mess!

I feel so sorry for you man! Nigam must answer for what he has done

choi implanters are the worse anyway. they are only used by lazy surgeons who want to speed up the procedure, at the cost of the patient and follicle survival.
    choi implanters treat the follicle relatively harshly, therefore graft survival is worse. and the needle diameter is about 0.2 to 0.3 mm bigger than standard needles which creates much more trauma. a 0.8mm hole is much worse than 0.6mm.

i remember a youtube video where a surgeon is proudly showing how he is implanting 3000 or so grafts in 1 hour, with several choi implanters which are loaded by his assistants.
    that's about 1 second per graft. i think it's clear that this won't lead to a good cosmetic result.

i think there's not one well respected surgeon who is working with choi implanters. those with good results are doing the slits and placement of the graft only manually, which of course takes more time.

everybody who is considering a hair transplant should not go for a treatment if the surgeon is using choi implanters. but that's only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    choi implanters are the worse anyway. they are only used by lazy surgeons who want to speed up the procedure, at the cost of the patient and follicle survival.
    choi implanters treat the follicle relatively harshly, therefore graft survival is worse. and the needle diameter is about 0.2 to 0.3 mm bigger than standard needles which creates much more trauma. a 0.8mm hole is much worse than 0.6mm.

i remember a youtube video where a surgeon is proudly showing how he is implanting 3000 or so grafts in 1 hour, with several choi implanters which are loaded by his assistants.
    that's about 1 second per graft. i think it's clear that this won't lead to a good cosmetic result.

i think there's not one well respected surgeon who is working with choi implanters. those with good results are doing the slits and placement of the graft only manually, which of course takes more time.

everybody who is considering a hair transplant should not go for a treatment if the surgeon is using choi implanters. but that's only my opinion.
    Dr. Hakan Doganay has some pretty stellar results using the choi implanters. Also...

Most devices, however, do not clearly exceed the efficacy or ability of an experienced assistant using a forceps. Currently, two devices have some merit: the Choi Implanter and the Hair Implanter Pen.
    • The Choi Implanter: The Choi Implanter is composed of a needle that is left open along one side. The placer loads a single FU into the needle and then inserts the needle into the scalp, carrying the FU along with it. After insertion, the instrument allows the placer to withdraw the needle and, at the same, to leave the hair behind in the scalp. Doctors in Korea use this device extensively, and it works well for the very coarse hair of the native Korean population. It is unknown, however, if the Choi Implanter works as well for less coarse hair. Drawbacks of this device are its expense, its inability to be reused, the need for at least one extra person to place the graft in the implanter, and its minimal availability outside of Korea.
    • Two new developments, however, may increase the use of this device in other countries: 1) the creation of a replaceable needle that significantly reduces the cost and increases the availability of this device, and 2) the modification/simplification of this device so that it only inserts the graft instead of both making the incision and inserting the graft, thus allowing practices that do not currently use a stick and place approach to employ the Choi Implanter adeptly.
    -Ron Shapiro