+ Reply to Thread

Default normal or balding?

Hello,

I am and 18 years old guy, turning 19 soon and I've noticed hair loss or it only feels that way to me, that's why I need some opinions from other people to see where I'm at.

I've had long hair since I was like 13 or 14 years old. When I wash it you can barely see any skin on my head through my hair but as soon as it gets a bit greasy (which is very quick) you can easily notice skin. I've been washing my hair almost every day because it gets greasy so quick as mentioned before, or when I do sports it's the same, you can see my head. I'll post some pictures below for you to check it out and see for yourself what I mean.

I've asked my parents and they said that non of their parents were bald they've all had a good set of hair, only when they were getting older the men started losing their hair a little but that's normal I guess, my father is 54 and you can see him starting to bald a bit.

I am worried that I might start losing hair and be bald by the time I am 23 - 25. I would appreciate to hear your guys opinions and I apologize for my bad english my first language is not english.

thank you.

Links for my pics:
    http://i62.tinypic.com/2pr9y4y.jpg
    http://i62.tinypic.com/2cz7kv9.jpg
    http://i61.tinypic.com/4hwm5t.jpg
    http://i62.tinypic.com/1z35g6v.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2mqq3jb.jpg

From what I was able to tell from the pics, and keep in mind they were not the clearing pics, but it does look like you are losing hair. It looks like the typical MPB thinning/recession. If you want to try to slow it down or stop it you are in the right place.

Sorry, this is not normal, this MPB.
    go to see a doctor as soon as possible so he can prescribe something for you

Thanks for your answers, even though it upset me a little bit seeing what you wrote, I kinda had a bad feeling already because I saw other people which had skin lines on their head but you can tell they aren't going bald with me it is a bit different, especially on the temple of the head.

What do you guys suggest I do? Can I go to my local doctor, I mean the one I've been going to since I was a kid or a different one who specializes in hair or something?

Thank you for your replies.

Yea the photos aren't great but it does look like mpb. Id say you jump on a good keto shampoo like nizoral ,revita,regenpure ect. Then consider using fin or ru. And start using minoxidil. Your case is similar to mine. My family has no history of mpb but my dad of 58 is balding a bit. So i'd first get a blood test to see if everything is fine and that you aren't anemic for example. And to be honest don't waste so much time on doctors. Educate over yourself over mpb.

Finasteride is the first choice whatsoever, then you can add rogaine. again first go and see a doctor ASAP!!

Where do I get these shampoos, in regular shops or pharmacy or where do I have to go and what is the price of them?

Thanks

can someone please reply?

Not sure where you are located, but in the US Nizoral($14) is found at walmart or walgreens, maybe even target. I was able to get regenepure($25) on amazon. I bought them a few months ago, so the prices aren't spot on, but they are in the ball park.