+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

film Latisse (bimatoprost) For Male Pattern Baldness | Dr. Alan Bauman, IAHRS

Will Latisse (bimatoprost) soon be another tool in the fight against hair Loss? IAHRS Member Alan Bauman, M.D. is studying the possibilities.

I saw a commercial for this product the other day and knew it was going to be a matter short time till this will be applied to hair loss on the scalp... Its great to see that there are some nice results on this individual's scalp after 3 months. Especially in the frontal part where products like rogaine do not work at all... Problem is though the price for that product is steep. I thought propecia was expensive.... Yikes!

Default latisse for male pattern baldness

i applaud dr. baumann in his studies on his patients using latisse for male pattern baldness. at this point he has shown some sucess in achieving some hair regrowth on his patients. the pictures presented clearly demonstrated an increase in hair growth on the subject patient. how ever i feel that in order to achieve a more dramatic increase in hair regrowth , that a stronger concentration of bimatropost the active ingredient in latisse must be utilized. in my studies have demonstrated that a .03 percent bimatropost is clearly not sufficient to dramatically increase the growth of scalp hair to any appreciable degree. i strongly suggest that the allergan corporation cooperate with dr. baumann and other physcians to provide a stronger version of this drug for their experiments. i strongly suggest that the allergan corporation take some agressive action on this matter. do they not realize that they are dealing with the pharmaceutical blockbuster drug of the century. pizers rogaine and mercks propecia sold over one billion dollars of these drugs in 2009 . and they are marginally effective at best. it is obvious that latisse is far more effective then these drugs. allergan you are dealing with a multi billion dollar drug ALLEGAN.PLEASE WAKE UP AND TAKE SOME AGRESSIVE ACTION ON THIS MATTER. THANK YOU JOE

"i strongly suggest that the allergan corporation take some agressive action on this matter. do they not realize that they are dealing with the pharmaceutical blockbuster drug of the century. pizers rogaine and mercks propecia sold over one billion dollars of these drugs in 2009 . and they are marginally effective at best. it is obvious that latisse is far more effective then these drugs. allergan you are dealing with a multi billion dollar drug ALLEGAN.PLEASE WAKE UP AND TAKE SOME AGRESSIVE ACTION ON THIS MATTER. THANK YOU JOE"

Joe,

Trust me Allergan is well aware of the potential they could have with the latisse product being used to regrow hair. I have two family members that work for company and they mentioned it to me, so the company is already trying to progress the research of using latisse for hair regrowth.

I was told by my family members that high level executives are predicting Lattise will be their number one product in a few years. J & J is coming out with a product that will threaten their strangle hold in the Botox and Juviderm arena.
    I'll be excited if it does become a reality, especially because I won't be paying to use the product.

is bimatoprost a K channel opener like minoxidil?
    at that kinda cost it doesn't seem worth it unless you are already using minoxidil, propecia and getting regular PRP
    talking of which i have never seen diazoxide and pinacidil being compared with minoxidil since they have too been drugs that have caused hypertrichosis

Default re latisse

there is a product called revitalash hair conditioner and i think it has latisse in it,but it is expensive and talked about on other hair sites.

joe is there another link to see other pictures, because those results in the video do not impress me... and they certainly are nothing close to the results ive seen from propecia and minox.... just saying..

Whats the latest on this? This was 3 years ago.

Currently in Phase II trials. They are testing three different strengths, minox and placebo.

It's safe to assume at least one of those strengths is significantly higher than that used in Bauman's trial.

Here's the link to the clinical trial summary:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01325337

Looks like it started in January and the results should be available sometime around September.

Thanks, Pate. I was curious, myself.