+ Reply to Thread

Default Hia, new the the forum! :D

Hia thanks for reading my post! just wanted to see what other people thought of my hair situation. I have been looking at sites like this for about a year and have finally decided to put something up about it!

I am 18 years old and my hairline is crap i can't to anything with it! to make things worse i have long hair (that sticks out the sides quite allot) i look like a clown most the time!

My hair has been bad since i was about 15 and now its starting to thin at the back too, i have been aware of it and been looking around since i was 16 but not done too much about it really. been using rogaine but not been keeping to it so well.

Reason i am trying to do this now is i am trying to give myself a better image I started losing weight this year (lost about 12 kg so far and seem to be about average) and thankfully i am tall. so hopefully by the middle of summer i will be much more defined. the hair however really adds years to my age though. i do love longer hair buts its so hard to justify it with my hairline and have seriously thought of just clean shaving it.

As i said i have not really tried much options yet but it is very bad at my age! just want to get some advice!

I will upload some pictures very soon. thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Hia thanks for reading my post! just wanted to see what other people thought of my hair situation. I have been looking at sites like this for about a year and have finally decided to put something up about it!

I am 18 years old and my hairline is crap i can't to anything with it! to make things worse i have long hair (that sticks out the sides quite allot) i look like a clown most the time!

My hair has been bad since i was about 15 and now its starting to thin at the back too, i have been aware of it and been looking around since i was 16 but not done too much about it really. been using rogaine but not been keeping to it so well.

Reason i am trying to do this now is i am trying to give myself a better image I started losing weight this year (lost about 12 kg so far and seem to be about average) and thankfully i am tall. so hopefully by the middle of summer i will be much more defined. the hair however really adds years to my age though. i do love longer hair buts its so hard to justify it with my hairline and have seriously thought of just clean shaving it.

As i said i have not really tried much options yet but it is very bad at my age! just want to get some advice!

I will upload some pictures very soon. thanks for reading!
    The best treatment for hair loss at the moment is fin(some will say dut). Not sure if it would be a good idea to take either of those at your age. You say that you have thought about shaving your head. If you are already thinking of doing that then you should go ahead and do it and see if you can deal with the clean shaven look. If you can, then great, leave this message forum and move on with your life. If you don't want to go that route and want to try to keep your hair then start on treatments. At your age I would get on minox first and see if it can buy you a few years, then in a few years get on fin or hopefully a better treatment will be available that you can try.