+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The reason is because they can't have a before/after they can show off on their website like with the NW3 to NW1 cases? If potential see cases who are half-restored, they'll go like "but he's still baaald!". I would dream to have the front-half of my NW5 restored.

I started losing hair at 17 and am now a 24 years old NW5. I will get a 2000 grafts FUE to recover the appearance of my original NW2 hairline to frame my face so I'll be able to live the rest of my youth (and the rest of my life) with a certain peace of mind.

I will continue to shave my head after the procedure. I would shave my head even if I had a full head of hair. I don't care about the trends here, what people think in general in the hair loss world. I don't want a Beatles haircut, I don't want hair parted down the middle. I don't want to have hair on my crown, who cares about the crown? You don't even see it in the mirror. People who are slick bald at the crown like Kevin Smith still look very good and look like they have a full head of hair. I don't care about the white dot scarring, I'm very pale and I almost don't scar, plus no one's looking at the back of my head. I don't care about becoming a NW7, my father and his father and the father of my mother are NW5, so it's impossible anyway.

Sorry, I recently lost my precious frame, or what was left of it, and I'm very angry when I look at the pictures of my last holidays:

I told myself I would have my FUE in time to avoid experiencing the pain I'm feeling now. But now I'll have to wait until my FUE is scheduled again and wait for it to grow to get that frame back. I don't mind being shaved, but a frame at the front changes EVERYTHING.

Guys here are of very good advice, I know I'm good looking despite the baldness and all that, but at the end of the day, it's down to what you want, and I want a frame for my face, and the only way to get it back is a FUE. SMP is impossible because of my hair colour apparently. I hate what I see in the mirror right now, and all the compensation in any area of my life is not going to change that.

I need to take real action. So here I go to make this "big mistake".

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    The reason is because they can't have a before/after they can show off on their website like with the NW3 to NW1 cases? If potential see cases who are half-restored, they'll go like "but he's still baaald!". I would dream to have the front-half of my NW5 restored.

I started losing hair at 17 and am now a 24 years old NW5. I will get a 2000 grafts FUE to recover the appearance of my original NW2 hairline to frame my face so I'll be able to live the rest of my youth (and the rest of my life) with a certain peace of mind.

I will continue to shave my head after the procedure. I would shave my head even if I had a full head of hair. I don't care about the trends here, what people think in general in the hair loss world. I don't want a Beatles haircut, I don't want hair parted down the middle. I don't want to have hair on my crown, who cares about the crown? You don't even see it in the mirror. People who are slick bald at the crown like Kevin Smith still look very good and look like they have a full head of hair. I don't care about the white dot scarring, I'm very pale and I almost don't scar, plus no one's looking at the back of my head. I don't care about becoming a NW7, my father and his father and the father of my mother are NW5, so it's impossible anyway.

Sorry, I recently lost my precious frame, or what was left of it, and I'm very angry when I look at the pictures of my last holidays:

I told myself I would have my FUE in time to avoid experiencing the pain I'm feeling now. But now I'll have to wait until my FUE is scheduled again and wait for it to grow to get that frame back. I don't mind being shaved, but a frame at the front changes EVERYTHING.

Guys here are of very good advice, I know I'm good looking despite the baldness and all that, but at the end of the day, it's down to what you want, and I want a frame for my face, and the only way to get it back is a FUE. SMP is impossible because of my hair colour apparently. I hate what I see in the mirror right now, and all the compensation in any area of my life is not going to change that.

I need to take real action. So here I go to make this "big mistake".
    As long as your expectations are realistic you'll probably do well. It helps a lot that you don't care about the crown so much - that will save you a ton of donor. Going very conservative on the hairline (like a high NW2) will also help a lot. Also, if there is one bright spot in this for you, your hair characteristics will make a big difference. Being so blonde, if you buzz that down short you won't need a lot of density for a natural look. Of course, if they figure out this hair cloning thing, you can always go back down the road and get a complete restoration. Just make sure that whatever you do, go to a really good surgeon and don't let price dictate your decision.

Did they give you any indication of how many total grafts they could get from your donor?

Thanks for your comment ryan :-). I've seen two top surgeons: one told me up to 4500 grafts and the other up to 2500 grafts, so I guess the truth must be somewhere in the middle. I have low density (37 hairs per cm&#178 with a NW2 hair line. Before hair loss, I already had a very high forehead that looked like a NW2 anyway.

Yeah I know, people have already told me: "but you're very blonde, it's hard to tell if you're balding because of that." I heard Spencer talking about the contrast between hair and scalp and how people with very dark hair make worse candidates.

What I say is that people should stop assuming everyone who is young and bald like me all want to get a Brad Pitt hair line and grow their hair out like him in Legends of the Fall.

Right know I'm just scared about infection or folliculitis. Not even shock loss, because with my hairstyle, I don't think it would even be visible.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    As long as your expectations are realistic you'll probably do well. It helps a lot that you don't care about the crown so much - that will save you a ton of donor. Going very conservative on the hairline (like a high NW2) will also help a lot. Also, if there is one bright spot in this for you, your hair characteristics will make a big difference. Being so blonde, if you buzz that down short you won't need a lot of density for a natural look. Of course, if they figure out this hair cloning thing, you can always go back down the road and get a complete restoration. Just make sure that whatever you do, go to a really good surgeon and don't let price dictate your decision.

Did they give you any indication of how many total grafts they could get from your donor?
    ryan555:
    Please take my advice and ask that "singles" be placed in your recipient area. Your hair offers a perfect example of what could become a huge disappointment for you down the road should you get multiple hair follicular units placed on top. They really stand out and T shirts advertising hair transplant doctors have never been popular. You don't want to advertise to the world you had a hair transplant.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    ryan555:
    Please take my advice and ask that "singles" be placed in your recipient area. Your hair offers a perfect example of what could become a huge disappointment for you down the road should you get multiple hair follicular units placed on top. They really stand out and T shirts advertising hair transplant doctors have never been popular. You don't want to advertise to the world you had a hair transplant.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Noted, but Fred is the one preparing for a HT, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    ryan555:

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

While we are on the subject, though, I have question regarding hairline restoration. Due to a very bad decision in my youth, I have a strip scar on the back of my head and some minor white scarring where my old hairline grafts used to be before Dr Cole removed them. The rest of my hair is quite thick as of now, but due to the scarring I am contemplating a minor hairline restoration. Since I already have a strip scar, I was going to undergo another small strip procedure with Ron Shapiro or another great FUT doc, but would it be inappropriate to do so since they'd be taking multi hair grafts in addition to singles? In other words, since I only need work done in about the first centimeter of my hairline, would it be required to use FUE so that only singles could be harvested? I never thought about how multis might look that close to my hairline edge.

Noted, but Fred is the one preparing for a HT, not me.
    Sorry ryan555

Chuck

would it be inappropriate to do so since they'd be taking multi hair grafts in addition to singles? In other words, since I only need work done in about the first centimeter of my hairline, would it be required to use FUE so that only singles could be harvested?
    ryan555:

No, you would be fine. The techs will cut the strip into singles. A top doc doesn't need to be told that, but it certainly doesn't hurt to mention that's what you want. Multiple hair grafts should always be avoided on the hairline as well as near the hairline. They never look natural.

Chuck