+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This research will help other sectors not just hairloss. But like that guy said, a cure is not good for business, which is why we need an underground hairclub for future treatments.

Finally! Something interesting to read after weeks of garbage..

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    This research will help other sectors not just hairloss. But like that guy said, a cure is not good for business, which is why we need an underground hairclub for future treatments.
    I disagree. A cure will make someone very very rich. Hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars will be made. I won't get into the semantics of what a cure is defined as but the days of fin, minox and any other relevant garbage has their days numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    I disagree. A cure will make someone very very rich. Hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars will be made. I won't get into the semantics of what a cure is defined as but the days of fin, minox and any other relevant garbage has their days numbered.
    People will still use minox though. Finasteride will have its place as well, as both are and will be even cheaper once a REAL solution for hair loss comes out.

However, the real bonus is that a hair loss cure will create a new and gigantic job market; more doctors would be needed to carry out the treatments, more clinics would open up, the materials and equipment would need to be manufactured, etc.

It's not realistic to say that a cure can only be viable if the current market must fail. Both can and will exist.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    People will still use minox though. Finasteride will have its place as well, as both are and will be even cheaper once a REAL solution for hair loss comes out.

However, the real bonus is that a hair loss cure will create a new and gigantic job market; more doctors would be needed to carry out the treatments, more clinics would open up, the materials and equipment would need to be manufactured, etc.

It's not realistic to say that a cure can only be viable if the current market must fail. Both can and will exist.
    You nailed it on the head. So yes people, a cure is in fact good for business!

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

Keep dreaming. I don't think we will see any cure during our lifetime.

Depends upon the type of cure. If for example, you have hair cloning, the hair transplant surgeons would still be needed to transplant those cloned hairs. However, if the cure is popping a pill to regrow hair, then the hair transplant surgeons can kiss their jobs goodbye! All of them would suddenly become unemployed and would do everything they can to stop that cure ever coming to the market.

Suppose a current HT doctor learned how to culture cells and grow follicles.. he'd still be employed as he'd be the one implanting the grafts. But not only that, every hair loss sufferer would now have a legit treatment, so a ton of people would be flooding the clinics... HT docs would be overbooked so fast, it'd be like opening the floodgates. The supply would be too little for all the demand... it'd create a giant economy over what's already a multibillion dollar one.

I can't understand why some people think a cure will never be released.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    First, what do you define as a cure? There will never be a pill that you ingest that will grow all your hair back. If that's what you think a cure is, it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. A cure in my opinion is someone that has a NW7 and can have their hair restored to a NW0-1. That my friend, will be available within roughly 8-15 years give or take. Medical research is progressing each year. To say that we won't have a cure in our lifetime is ludicrous. People that keep saying crap like "oh there won't be a cure in our lifetime" are out of touch with the scientific community, hairloss research and/or are just plain dumb. In your case, I hope you define a cure as popping a pill and wa la, hair grows.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I'll politely ignore your dreaming suggestion seeing how you only THINK a cure wont be available during our lifetime.... despite a theoretical cure being available now from the collaboration of the team in China with Dr. Jahoda.

But whatever, we're apparently decades away, right? We've 3D printed kidneys and livers years ago... but a follicle is out of our reach? You're nuts.