+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HumanNature View Post
    I might be quite tall, but I'm an ugly Ron Perlman-looking bitch. That shit doesn't matter. I tell you what really made the difference...neck. It came as a surprise to me too, but women can't seem to get enough of a thick neck on a dude. I got myself a head brace off Ebay for about 7 buck, use it every second day to thicken my shit up.

I'll tell you something else, don't be hiding it. A man openly displaying a shaved head because he's going on top just drips confidence, that 'I don't give a ****, it takes more than that to take me out of the game' kind of confidence.

What would a pretty little piece rather have? Some doughy bitch who can't run for a bus with a full head of hair, or an alpha as **** buzz cut who can pump her into the next world?
    I agree, a thick neck reeks alphaness. Unfortunately, I don't have a thick neck .

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I agree, a thick neck reeks alphaness. Unfortunately, I don't have a thick neck .
    I don't have a thick neck and don't want a thick neck. It is all a matter of preference some girls will be into that sort of thing, some will not. If you have the body to go with it, then a thick neck would probably look good. If you are in good shape, but on the slim side(like I am), it would just look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    It's just getting over the hill, I think there's a point where you need to just get rid of your "rope back" with long hair, or hats or concealers, or whatever and just jump into the water like this guy did, and just know that it's going to work out because what else are you going to do, drown? I already told myself that the second I graduate in 2 months or so, I will buzz my head down if I haven't done it already. It's just time.
    I buzzed my head pretty much out of necessity about 8 years ago. It was a big change for me as I always had at least 3 inches of hair on the top of my head. The recession just got to the point to where I thought it looked like crap growing it out. I would rather buzz my head and be unsatisfied with my hairstyle, than grow it out and look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    The neck responds incredibly well to training. It honestly took me about six weeks to go from a pencil neck to damn near Kurt Angle. I was doing big compound lifts too which probably contributed, but still.

Should probably stop talking about weight training, this ain't BB.com!

Being on the shorter end of the stick is unfortunate, it hurts your chances with a lot of women. I don't fault women for looking passed me for being shorter or going bald, it's their prerogative. That being said I know it's more in my head, my women troubles that is, just not being confident enough.

The thing with mpb is it's a slow change to your body. With the stages of grieving I think acceptance can only truly come once you're in your final form. So you can never truly accept balding until you've reached your terminal norwood, in my opinion at least. I can accept at this point being a diffuse NW3. But I will progress to a NW4 someday and will start the cycle of grieving all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    Being on the shorter end of the stick is unfortunate, it hurts your chances with a lot of women. I don't fault women for looking passed me for being shorter or going bald, it's their prerogative. That being said I know it's more in my head, my women troubles that is, just not being confident enough.

The thing with mpb is it's a slow change to your body. With the stages of grieving I think acceptance can only truly come once you're in your final form. So you can never truly accept balding until you've reached your terminal norwood, in my opinion at least. I can accept at this point being a diffuse NW3. But I will progress to a NW4 someday and will start the cycle of grieving all over again...
    Ok, let me drop the funny shit for a second.

It is a slow change, and some might stop with some thinning while others progress to complete baldness. It happens, it happens to 70% of men, 40% before thirty, thus classifying it perfectly normal.

I experienced the five stages too, except I skipped denial because there was no denying my bald patch by the time I discovered it! I ended up at acceptance pretty quick though, after I looked back on my track record and realised that I knew what was going to happen.

With everything in my life I have ever worried or stressed or got myself worked up into a state over, I realised long after, once I had some perspective, that it was trivial and didn't matter nearly as much as I thought it did. From college, to job interviews, to relationships. I decided to learn from my own mistakes and not let myself worry and stress and get worked up over this, knowing from past history that I'd look back on this with the same attitude at some point down the line.

It was then that I decided to start bettering other aspects of my life; my appearance, my clothes, my body, my skills and abilities. And do you know where I got that idea? Right here. Guys here in this forum gave me the idea of improving everything else about me.

It doesn't matter if you're 6'2" or 5'6", there are petite girls out there under five feet tall. It doesn't matter if you're thinning a bit or turning into Patrick Stewart, one thing I can promise you is it will be worse on you if you let it consume you and stop caring about yourself, and you will regret it so much a few years down the line when you realise you sabotaged the best years of your life because of something over which you had no control.

Stop finding an excuse to shoot down every positive message, stop comparing yourself to the norwood scale. I don't even know what that is! And I don't want to know.

So we don't have hair? So what. It doesn't make the man. I'm in the process of proving that, and you can too.

Agreed man. I've realized that I think for the most part. I don't let it hold me back from enjoying life and I'm gonna buzz my head soon. I said that before last summer but never did. This year I'm traveling in brazil for 3 weeks so I'm almost forced to.

I know bald or not I will find a lady eventually and I know my friends wouldn't make fun of me, half of them are balding anyway.

I think bald men look weird. Just me though. I am sure some women really do not care, and like the bald look. I cannot get use to it. My head has bumps in it.

HumanNature, very good post.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HumanNature View Post
    The neck responds incredibly well to training. It honestly took me about six weeks to go from a pencil neck to damn near Kurt Angle.
    Old-time wrestler, Freddie Blassie was a huge proponent of neck improvement. This VIDEO says it all.

Chuck
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 04-02-2014 at 07:22 AM.