+ Reply to Thread

Default Need some advice

Hey guys,

Took me a long time to finally post but here it is. Straight to the point!

27yo male - father NW3 (65 yo), grand father was NW4, mothers side no problem.

I have thin hair and I have always had, as far as I can remember, a large cowlick (or “double cowlick”). I can remember friends making fun of it at like 14 years old. I do not think the cowlick has evolved or anything since then.

On the front hairline I don’t think I have a problem, maybe a mature hairline? You tell me.

BUT - As it might also happen to you, events in my private life have led me to care more and more about it, making me paranoid sometimes. No one has made a remark about it for the past 6 months, but I went to a dermatologist who told me to take some finasteride, in approximately 15 seconds. I also use minoxidil twice a day.

So I've been taking this “preventive treatment” for 6 months, and I can't say if there is any change. I just started taking pictures recently.
    I have absolutely no side effects (I had sex with different girls for an average of 2/week, no problem), so I just continue to take it just in case.

My questions would more be about what advice you can give me, if you think I should also take some special kind of shampoo or something. My hair is very dry and I don't lose a lot I reckon, maybe 10-15 per shower. Am I right to focus on it?

Sometimes I just want to shave it off and say **** it.

Here are the pics. I don't cheat, they're big and under flash light or daylight. It's always strange how it looks to me (like an evidence) and that people don't seem to notice it. For example my GF says I have nothing. Mother says I've always had that "hole"... Liars right?

Vertex, combed, daylight

Vertex combed, left side view (nothing's wrong on the right side)

Hair pulled in front & back, daylight

Front Hairline

Vertex pulled in front & back, under heavy light

I'm trying to edit this post but apparently can't?