+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Too many guys give the "I love my hair, but my health is more important" speech, but they only say this after they try fin and are unable to stay on the drug because of the sides. They wouldn't be singing the same tune if they were able to tolerate the drug. No matter how much these guys try to convince that everybody gets sides, the fact is they don't. Most of the guys are in fact side free, and have saved their hair.
    That's the biggest BS I have ever seen. The drug has lawyer ads popping on my TV to this day. Give me a break most guys are side free..that's a joke.

I started Propecia at 24 to save my hair. I will preface this my stating, me personally, didn't see any improvement in the least after 12 full months on the drug. Nothing. My hair actually got slightly worse. This was the hardest pill for me to swallow...because I had clear side effects, but no positive hair impact.

I can give 2 donkey poo sticks who takes FIN on this forum or elsewhere. I understood slightly the risks at 24 and decided to roll the dice when considering this drug. Everybody else has that same ability like I did when considering Propecia. Do your due diligence. My only issue is, people need to really understand the potential negative effects of this drug and make a more sound decision. I didn't have all the facts, just new a little and decided what the hell. Well I regretted that mindset for two years as my body fought to get back to normal.

To sit here and say most people don't have sides is asinine. My own pharmacist advised to not take this drug longterm because it could have extremely negative effects over time. My pharmacist? Really? That was a red flag in it's own right.

I don't need to go on Propecia hate websites to read those clowns rants on how bad this drug is. I experienced it. My friends who have tried it, every single one, have quit because of various side effects. They exist. Certain people will acknowledge them and still take the drug. That's a you decision.

Me? The weight gain, belly fat, face fat, puffy nipples (start of Gyno), stuttering issues, muscle mass turning to soft flab, weak erections, watery semen, and no morning erections, and zero improvement in hair was enough to say I made a stupid decision. Even if it brought my hairline down, I would have ceased treatment.

Wish everyone the best. I know many people who get sides from this drug. You wouldn't convince me otherwise based on my real life encounters and people I speak to.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    That's the biggest BS I have ever seen. The drug has lawyer ads popping on my TV to this day. Give me a break most guys are side free..that's a joke.

I started Propecia at 24 to save my hair. I will preface this my stating, me personally, didn't see any improvement in the least after 12 full months on the drug. Nothing. My hair actually got slightly worse. This was the hardest pill for me to swallow...because I had clear side effects, but no positive hair impact.

I can give 2 donkey poo sticks who takes FIN on this forum or elsewhere. I understood slightly the risks at 24 and decided to roll the dice when considering this drug. Everybody else has that same ability like I did when considering Propecia. Do your due diligence. My only issue is, people need to really understand the potential negative effects of this drug and make a more sound decision. I didn't have all the facts, just new a little and decided what the hell. Well I regretted that mindset for two years as my body fought to get back to normal.

To sit here and say most people don't have sides is asinine. My own pharmacist advised to not take this drug longterm because it could have extremely negative effects over time. My pharmacist? Really? That was a red flag in it's own right.

I don't need to go on Propecia hate websites to read those clowns rants on how bad this drug is. I experienced it. My friends who have tried it, every single one, have quit because of various side effects. They exist. Certain people will acknowledge them and still take the drug. That's a you decision.

Me? The weight gain, belly fat, face fat, puffy nipples (start of Gyno), stuttering issues, muscle mass turning to soft flab, weak erections, watery semen, and no morning erections, and zero improvement in hair was enough to say I made a stupid decision. Even if it brought my hairline down, I would have ceased treatment.

Wish everyone the best. I know many people who get sides from this drug. You wouldn't convince me otherwise based on my real life encounters and people I speak to.
    As far as the lawyer ad comment, that means absolutely nothing. If there is money to be made right or wrong you better damn well believe there will be a lawyer there to cash in.

Most guys are side effect free. Yes see clinical trials. I just don't believe it is just some big conspiracy by merck to sell their propecia and give all guys that use it ED. Maybe I am wrong.

As far as all your friends getting sides. I am sorry I just don't believe it. The internet can be a powerful thing, especially when it comes to starting paranoia. We all know this to be true. Take a look here every day. It is hard to find an introductory thread where a young guy isn't trying to avoid fin because of the horror stories he has read about it online. These guys are shit scared of the drug before they even take it and the minute they feel anything out of the ordinary, fin related or not, they blame the drug. I always find this fact interesting: During clinical trials more people on the placebo quit the drug because of ED, than men actually taking propecia.

I actually did get my prescription filled at the pharmacy and the pharmacist didn't have the same opinion as your. I even flat out asked about ED.

You might have a problem believing that most guys don't get sides because for you they were very real. I have a problem believing most guys do get sides because at 9 months I am side free.

Do I think the drug is perfect? Hell no, and wish I didn't have to take any drug to save what little hair I do have. I just don't agree with the poison statements, but everybody is entitled to their opinion.