+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Dan, you had sides with fin??
    no man i was fine on fin but switched to dut anyways

ive heard ppl with sides on fin and none on dut though, oddly

Quote Originally Posted by Aek View Post
    A few years ago i tried propecia (1mg per day) and got side effects after 4 months, so i stopped and it took while (6-7 months) to get back to normal (80% better)
    After 2 years i tried it again but 0.25mg every second day, Took it 3 times and noticed i couldn't get it up. So I've stopped. Slowly getting better.

Has anyone had sides with propecia and then tried avodart and was ok?

Should i try Avodart 0.5mg (per week) or am i just going to be playing with fire??
    Just switch to Avo. If you are not an a 5-ar inhib then the whole fight is pointless. If you get bad sides you can quit

I wouldn't go near either of the poisons. To me it's like deciding to take rat poison or anthrax. Yes, that bad.

Propecia caused gyno (male breasts), weight gain, and all sorts of disturbing sides for me. Took a couple years to get back to normal. All of which indicate how important DHT is to our body, unfortunately it can also cause our hairloss.

I love my hair as much as the next guy on here, but I wouldnt sacrifice everything that makes me a man for the sake of maintaining a few follicles. I truly believe this drug causes sides in every one, just certain people choose to not pay attention or ignore them because they may not be as severe as others.

Terrible drug. Both are disastrous to take, especially long-term.

I do wonder if Spex is being fully transparent about sides he feels he's not experienced? Wonder if he took his shirt off.. Would he have bitch tits?
    I do trust his opinion, but sadly I believe ppl do suffer terribly from the drugs as well..
    Last edited by Jcm800; 04-07-2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Typo

I sounded disrespectful there to Spex, not the case, and not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I wouldn't go near either of the poisons. To me it's like deciding to take rat poison or anthrax. Yes, that bad.

Propecia caused gyno (male breasts), weight gain, and all sorts of disturbing sides for me. Took a couple years to get back to normal. All of which indicate how important DHT is to our body, unfortunately it can also cause our hairloss.

I love my hair as much as the next guy on here, but I wouldnt sacrifice everything that makes me a man for the sake of maintaining a few follicles. I truly believe this drug causes sides in every one, just certain people choose to not pay attention or ignore them because they may not be as severe as others.

Terrible drug. Both are disastrous to take, especially long-term.
    DHT after development finishes = balancing estrogen/testosterone lvls (prevents some T from converting to E). In most men this is not a crucial function but you will not know until you take the medicine
    Maintaining a few follicles....how about a few 10s of thousands? Hair loss is the poison, 5-ar inhibs are the antidote

I was just thinking about posting this into a new topic but it seems appropriate here.

I've been taking finasteride since I was 20, and I'm now 29. Recently I've noticed that I am much younger looking than all my friends and I'm thinking it has something to do with the meds. I look much younger now than I did when I was 20.

I have very little body hair, in fact my arm hair is about as thick as a 15 year olds. I have developed minimal nasolabial folds, whereas all my cohort is starting to develop deep wrinkles around their mouth.

I don't sweat very much, I have an exceptionally fast metabolism, and clearly my hair is much better - especially after 3 surgeries. The only draw back is going to the gym it takes me quite a while to develop any significant muscle. In fact I go to the gym every single day, take a ton of supplements, but I really just look fit- not body builder fit like my gym/coworker bud, he does the exact same routine I do.

There may be some slight level of sexual dysfunction, but I truly believe that had I not taken 9 years of propecia I'd be much more depressed and I wouldn't have the self confidence to pull any women. My confidence is really through the roof since my last surgery two years back, and I feel young and able to dominate the world.

Clearly this is all a sample of 1, me, are these side effects common?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by renordw View Post
    The only draw back is going to the gym it takes me quite a while to develop any significant muscle. In fact I go to the gym every single day, take a ton of supplements, but I really just look fit- not body builder fit like my gym/coworker bud, he does the exact same routine I do.
    Good news about your hair. Unless you are already doing so, give some of the machines a rest and get with a good intense routine using free weights. Years ago, I plateaued on the machines. Once I switched to free weights, dramatic improvement began. Of course, everyone responds differently but I suggest you try including bent arm pullovers in your routine. Try intense circuit training if you're not already. That made all the difference for me.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Too many guys give the "I love my hair, but my health is more important" speech, but they only say this after they try fin and are unable to stay on the drug because of the sides. They wouldn't be singing the same tune if they were able to tolerate the drug. No matter how much these guys try to convince that everybody gets sides, the fact is they don't. Most of the guys are in fact side free, and have saved their hair.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Too many guys give the "I love my hair, but my health is more important" speech, but they only say this after they try fin and are unable to stay on the drug because of the sides. They wouldn't be singing the same tune if they were able to tolerate the drug. No matter how much these guys try to convince that everybody gets sides, the fact is they don't. Most of the guys are in fact side free, and have saved their hair.
    My whole rant was that the side effects are totally manageable, in some cases the "side effects" are positive like the less body hair thing.