+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Dr. Wesley Pilofocus

Just wondering about the status of this new procedure? Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    Just wondering about the status of this new procedure? Any news?
    Artista will participate in the trials for pilofocus early spring( so maybe sometimes soon?). Will just have to see what he will and will be allowed to report us.

..the last bit of news I heard was that even if this round of testing goes perfect, there won't be any HT's of more than 100-500 hairs for at least another 1 to 1.5 years...

..personally, doing 100 fu's seems like a waste of time...this procedure is still very much in it's infancy...

..the only thing that I don't like is how this was advertised...I get how you can't offer up a procedure of full on 2000 fu's, but wasn't the last few years testing HT's of lower fu's?? He also has to perfect the device, and that's great...but if this round is a success, why not go right in for the 2000+ jobs??

...I don't want to wait 1.5 years...the thing is, does having a standard FUE compromise my donor area for future Pilfocus procedures??

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi Guys ..
    KeepHoping As Sogeking has said, Ill be a phase test patient of Dr Wesley's this coming Springtime.

First of all, I am a pretty objective type of guy when it comes to learning by tons of research and conversation.
    That being said, when I said here that i was very impressed with Dr Wesley's initial findings last year (as was Spencer Kobren) I am NOT exaggerating.
    The updates that he had shown me via our Skype conversation recently made it even more exciting to see.
    I WILL be updating everyone here on my phase test experiences ..no worries.
    Cheers to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi Guys ..
    KeepHoping As Sogeking has said, Ill be a phase test patient of Dr Wesley's this coming Springtime.

First of all, I am a pretty objective type of guy when it comes to learning by tons of research and conversation.
    That being said, when I said here that i was very impressed with Dr Wesley's initial findings last year (as was Spencer Kobren) I am NOT exaggerating.
    The updates that he had shown me via our Skype conversation recently made it even more exciting to see.
    Cheers to all.
    ..that is great Arista...I actually have no doubts this will be a major breakthrough...the only downside is projected readiness of the procedure for availability to the public -- even with the best case scenario, it's a fair ways off from being a 2000+ FU procedure --- or at least that's the latest from Dr. Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky4444 View Post
    ..the last bit of news I heard was that even if this round of testing goes perfect, there won't be any HT's of more than 100-500 hairs for at least another 1 to 1.5 years...

..personally, doing 100 fu's seems like a waste of time...this procedure is still very much in it's infancy...

..the only thing that I don't like is how this was advertised...I get how you can't offer up a procedure of full on 2000 fu's, but wasn't the last few years testing HT's of lower fu's?? He also has to perfect the device, and that's great...but if this round is a success, why not go right in for the 2000+ jobs??

...I don't want to wait 1.5 years...the thing is, does having a standard FUE compromise my donor area for future Pilfocus procedures??
    Because doctor Wesley is not an idiot. If he pushed the envelope and problems occurred you and others would be the first to crucify him for not fully testing the procedure. Just because it works on a smaller scale does not mean it works on a larger scale.

Even when it's ready for 2000 grafts (possibly in 2016), we'd have to fly to New York. Not all of us live in the US. And what about the price? If it's better than FUE, will it cost twice its price? Like 16000€ for 2000 grafts? Would it really be worth it?

Artista do you have any clue about the pricing? FUE is so damn expensive and in reality pilofocus should make it cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi Guys ..

Cheers to all.
    Hello Artista,

How many grafts are you having in your procedure if you don't mind me asking?

And are you expecting regeneration...or would that just be an incredibly welcome side-effect, and not necessarily what is being tested for?

Thx

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi Fred, To let you know, once Dr Wesley is finished with testing and it has shown to be a revolutionary new technique in hair transplantation surgery, it will be offered and taught to the HL medical community at large.