+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Maybe somebody else can chime in here, but I really don't think that is actually bad. Everybody loses hair, and although there are people here that say that they stop losing hair when using certain treatments, that's impossible. Even for people that don't have MPB, they also lose hair when brushing, styling, shampooing, etc.

If you are losing massive amounts of hair, I would worry. 10 - 15 hairs, shouldn't be a big deal, unless they aren't growing back.
    Agreed. A person with a full head of hair loses ~100-150 hairs a day from hairs naturally entering a telogen phase. Even if you don't have MPB but vigorously shampoo, you're going to get a few hairs on your hands. I'm also not positive what people mean when they say "in the shower"--do they mean the hair they see on their hands after shampooing, or literally everything that goes down the drain (like, they use a hair guard and then count?)?

After switching from fin to Avodart, I'm down to like 3-5 hairs on my hands in the shower. I see a couple when styling, but it's pretty much ground my loss to a dead halt. Fin didn't do that. If you're not satisfied with fin and comfortable with dutasteride, I'd give it a try. It's made a big difference for me (but it took around four months to take hold).

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Agreed. A person with a full head of hair loses ~100-150 hairs a day from hairs naturally entering a telogen phase. Even if you don't have MPB but vigorously shampoo, you're going to get a few hairs on your hands. I'm also not positive what people mean when they say "in the shower"--do they mean the hair they see on their hands after shampooing, or literally everything that goes down the drain (like, they use a hair guard and then count?)?

After switching from fin to Avodart, I'm down to like 3-5 hairs on my hands in the shower. I see a couple when styling, but it's pretty much ground my loss to a dead halt. Fin didn't do that. If you're not satisfied with fin and comfortable with dutasteride, I'd give it a try. It's made a big difference for me (but it took around four months to take hold).
    Win did you go through a shed on dut? First 1-2 months seemed liek my hair thickened and wasn't shedding that much, then...BOOM, shed like a mofo for the whole past month (month 2.5-3.5), especially in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    What is the best way to take Proscar(1/4 tablet)??? I normally take the tiny tablet first thing in the morning after a bowl of cereal.
    Sounds good to me. I take fin at the beginning of the day also. For me, it is hard to focus on sides when I am busy at work.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    I definitely have not ruled out dutasteride. It is my back up plan if fin stops working, or the results are unsatisfactory.

Looks like I'm in this boat as well now

I started at the end of July last year and shedding continued until the end of November. At this point in time I decided to up the dose as many hairs were rather unseated in my hairline and apart from a two week reprieve when I upped my dose I have been shedding nonstop. A bit over a month ago the shedding increased quite drastically for a couple of weeks and I viewed it to be a good thing as my shed original shed followed this pattern before slowly stopping a month latter. However this time around instead of slowly stopping it just decreased to the amount that's normal for me which would be a lot by anyone standards.