+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My FUE - Past 7 months and poor growth.

Left

Right

(natural light,, facing window)

- I got 500 grafts FUE in feb 2012 by Guy Haddad in Paris. Which was amateur (Edit) work
    - Then I got 1972 grafts in august 2013 with Bijan Feriduni in Belgium. Top European surgeon.

I am now past the 7 months mark. The result is poorly dense with large glabrous zones. New hairs sprouted all at once at 6 months, exactly like my first HT grafts (which grown well despite being gross)

Since the 6 months mark, I can hardly see any new hair sprouting. I will wait to the 12 months mark but I don't expect a lot of growth IMHO.

God what happened ?

. I followed carefully the post-op routine.
    . I have a good diet with no processed/junk food.
    . In september I started to smoke 10 cigs a day. I stopped smoking one year ago but an unexpected death in my family lead me to start again. That is the only reason that could explain that poor growth.

This is what I found on the web related to smoking :

"Nicotine vasoconstrictor ; In order for the hair transplant to be successful, there must be ample blood supply available in the recipient area for each delicate hair graft. If there is not enough blood to support the grafts being transplanted, they will ultimately compete against each other for the underlying blood supply. Without proper nutrients, there could be less hair growth per graft due to compromised blood flow. In some cases the entire graft might fail to survive. This could result in undesirable gaps or spaces throughout the transplanted area. For smokers who continue to smoke long after the surgery, their hair follicles will continue to be compromised creating density issues that could have been avoided. Blood flow is vital to a successful transplant."

Is this what happened here ? I can't believe being so unlucky.

I spent crazy money for my hairloss. I currently cannot afford a third procedure. I thought I could finally get over baldness. GOD WHY ! What can I expect from the doc ? I'm currently waiting his answer.

I stopped smoking and currently doing massages + minox.
    Can I still save the grafts ?

Thanks for reading and may this be helpful.
    Last edited by Winston; 03-23-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Possible defamatory comment removed. Please refer to our posting policies.

Looks good, Dr feriduni is a great surgeon I'm due to consult him this year, maybe it's the stress? I recently had stress and suffered hairloss and alopecia areata you would be amazed what stress does.

Well. Thanks. But do you really think this looks good at 7 months + ??
    Yes I may be stressed a bit.

I would not worry just yet.From what i have read you still have a few months for new hairs to grow. And if you do not grow any new hairs try growing your hair a little longer until you get the problem fixed. All that being said i think it looks pretty good so far.

Hello Law,

Dr Feriduni has reviewed your file and is confident time will allow everything to establish itself and grow in. I know it is very hard but try continue to be patient

Due to your previous surgery the new growth from recent FUE can take time and be slow. Please be patient at this early stage and feel free to contact me directly or Dr Feriduni's office anytime you need support.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Due to your previous surgery the new growth from recent FUE can take time and be slow.
    I wasn't aware of this.

Sure, I can be patient. Judging from hundreds of pictures I saw on forums I just felt the overall growth was poor for seven months.
    Thanks anyway for giving me some better hope. I will update this thread later.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    Thank you.

I wasn't aware of this.

Sure, I can be patient. Judging from hundreds of pictures I saw on forums I just felt the overall growth was poor for seven months.
    Rogaine and massage will improve blood flow. Brushing you hair forward with a medium-stiff bristle hair brush before showering will help improve blood flow and loosen dry skin before shampooing. Some guys baby their hair and sometimes are afraid to brush or massage their transplanted hair. In my experience, all hair grows better when you aren't so gentle. A .5 needle derma roller offers some benefit and can improve the appearance of scars. I would do that maybe once per week.

Yeah it is true that the cigs aren't good for hair growth. Try not to stress over it and move forward with the plan.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Atlanta, GA
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Good advice from Chuck. I used to be a big cig smoker and know it can drastically constrict the vascular system.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    Thank you.

I wasn't aware of this.

Law, I would also agree to give it more time.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Any follow up?