+ Reply to Thread

Default i still experience hairloss even on finasteride

what should i do ? i have been taking it for more than a year
    my doctor don't want me to up the dosage to 1,25 or 1,5mg because she told me this is a cancer medication that can have serious side effects, she gave me zinc to reduce sebum formation

should i up my dosage anyway or just start minoxidil ?

Have you had your cortisol and thyroid levels checked? I've always had problems controlling my cortisol due to a very stressful life, and it messed with my thyroid function making me slightly hypo. Even subtle changes in the thyroid function can mess with your hair. You might not notice any symptoms of being hypo, but your hair will.

I'm also on fin and have been for some years, but even on fin there would be some months where I lost a lot of hair, and it would usually last for a few months, then stop, and after a few months the hair loss would continue again. But now that my cortisol and thyroid are under control, my hair loss has pretty much stopped. It's worth having checked out, I would say.

EDIT: I don't think upping the dose will have any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    Have you had your cortisol and thyroid levels checked? I've always had problems controlling my cortisol due to a very stressful life, and it messed with my thyroid function making me slightly hypo. Even subtle changes in the thyroid function can mess with your hair. You might not notice any symptoms of being hypo, but your hair will.

I'm also on fin and have been for some years, but even on fin there would be some months where I lost a lot of hair, and it would usually last for a few months, then stop, and after a few months the hair loss would continue again. But now that my cortisol and thyroid are under control, my hair loss has pretty much stopped. It's worth having checked out, I would say.

EDIT: I don't think upping the dose will have any effect.
    thank you, i suspect that i have thyroid problem since i gained alot of weight and i have hard time losing it and i often feel cold
    how did you fix your cortisol and thyroid problem ?
    did you regrow lost hair after you fixed your conditions ?

Quote Originally Posted by PaperThin View Post
    thank you, i suspect that i have thyroid problem since i gained alot of weight and i have hard time losing it and i often feel cold
    how did you fix your cortisol and thyroid problem ?
    did you regrow lost hair after you fixed your conditions ?
    Yes, I regrew most hair, but since my hair loss is also from mpb, not all was regrown.

For me it was a matter of stress management in order to lower my cortisol Once my cortisol was in check, my thyroid automatically followed. When it comes to cortisol, vitamins and minerals are important a long with stress management.

I take strong vit c, 2-3g a day. I also take strong vit b complex, Zink, magnesium, fish oil and a multi vitamin.

If you have a thyroid problem and it is isn't caused by other imbalances, you will be giving thyroid medicine.

About the weight gain, keep in mind that some people experience weight gain while on finasteride. If you suspect a rise in estrogen, b6, b12, vit c and zink will help you lower it. And also broccoli! Eat your broccoli, it is one the best ways to counteract estrogen. Together with exercise. If you're stressed and your cortisol is high, it can also cause an increase in estrogen.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    Yes, I regrew most hair, but since my hair loss is also from mpb, not all was regrown.

For me it was a matter of stress management in order to lower my cortisol Once my cortisol was in check, my thyroid automatically followed. When it comes to cortisol, vitamins and minerals are important a long with stress management.

I take strong vit c, 2-3g a day. I also take strong vit b complex, Zink, magnesium, fish oil and a multi vitamin.

If you have a thyroid problem and it is isn't caused by other imbalances, you will be giving thyroid medicine.

About the weight gain, keep in mind that some people experience weight gain while on finasteride. If you suspect a rise in estrogen, b6, b12, vit c and zink will help you lower it. And also broccoli! Eat your broccoli, it is one the best ways to counteract estrogen. Together with exercise. If you're stressed and your cortisol is high, it can also cause an increase in estrogen.
    ok thank you bro, i will check that with a doctor
    i ordered a multivitamin plus i started to exercise a few days ago together with a high protein low carb diet, i have lost 2 lbs (hope it's not all muscles)
    as for broccoli this is one of the veggie that i hate the most

ok thank you bro, i will check that with a doctor
    i ordered a multivitamin plus i started to exercise a few days ago together with a high protein low carb diet, i have lost 2 lbs (hope it's not all muscles)
    as for broccoli this is one of the veggie that i hate the most

Broccoli is God

what should i do ? i have been taking it for more than a year
    my doctor don't want me to up the dosage to 1,25 or 1,5mg because she told me this is a cancer medication that can have serious side effects, she gave me zinc to reduce sebum formation

should i up my dosage anyway or just start minoxidil ?
    upping dosage wont do anything with fin, it has about the same affect at 1mg as at 5mg(about 1-3% difference in inhibition), so there's really no difference.

Add in Dutasteride once or maybe twice a week, that will add to the inhibition.

Or go experimental and add in RU, or CB if you can get the proper vehicle.

Anything else is extremely unproven, all three of the above inhibit DHT and will definitely do something for your hair(but that will vary from person to person, it may just maintain)