+ Reply to Thread

Default RU shedding phase? Or is this the best that it will get?

Hey guys,

Quick intro:
    I noticed that my hairline was receding and that the crown area was a bit sparse about a year ago. I didn't do anything about it because I was much too scared to try finasteride. I shed tons and tons of hair in the shower everyday. After waiting around and watching my hair thin out more and more (I seem to be a diffuse thinner), I finally decided to use Nizoral shampoo twice a week. I didn't notice any changes in shedding, but I didn't really expect to either. I then decided to try RU in January. I started off with the pre-mixed 5% solution from Anagen Inc and I don't think it helped at all. I then ordered 5 g of raw RU powder and KB solution (also from Anagen Inc) in the first week of Februar. I make batches every 3 days. I use 100 mg in 2 mL of KB solution, with one mL targeting the front half of my scalp, and 1 mL targeting my crown. I use a dropper, and put a drop or two on the scalp, and then gently swirl it around with my fingers trying to cover areas close in proximity. I do this to make sure I cover my whole scalp with the 2 mL. I let the solution sit for about 3 minutes or so before I comb/style my hair.

I can say that I did experience some sides during the first few weeks of RU use, but they went away. My chest felt tight at times, but it was very mild. I also had very low libido, but I wasn't sure if it was due to the RU or not. Right now I have zero sides.

About 5 weeks ago is when I first began to notice a difference: I wasn't shedding massive amounts of hair in the shower anymore. I was still shedding, but just not nearly as much. A couple of days later and I thought I was only shedding like 15 hairs max, and I was really excited. However, I reached one of my nizoral days of the week, and after rinsing out the shampoo I found a bunch of hairs on my hand again. I shed at least 80 hairs in the shower alone that day, and I figured any progress I thought I had with RU was a fluke.

It seemed to follow a pattern after that day. I would have very light sheds on regular shampoo days, and then massive sheds on Nizoral days. My scalp felt HORRIBLE on those days as well; extremely itchy/irritated. I then decided to drop Nizoral from my routine altogether. I am now consistently shedding the same amount per day. It's definitely less than before I started RU, but it's still a lot. I count up to about 70-90 hairs per day lost from combing or in the shower. My worst shed of the day seems to come after I apply RU. I let it sit for a few minutes, and when I start to comb my hair I find that I shed like 20 more hairs! Ugh. I added spiro to my routine a few weeks ago just to apply to my hairline at night, since I won't be shelling out money on nizoral anymore. Not sure if that'll help or not.

I just feel so discouraged to continue with RU since it's such a pain to apply everyday. I know it hasn't been that long since I started using it, but I read everywhere online that if RU works for you, then you should notice a halt in shedding after like two days. I can't tell if this is just a shedding phase, or this is just the most I'll get out of it. I was also wondering if it was possible that I didn't store / handle the RU powder properly and it went bad. Thoughts?

Do you have any dandruff? When i used ru around the third week i got dandruff and started shedding as if i weren't using ru and make sure you store the ru in the freezer.
    Oh and if you do, choose another vehicle. Like glycerin and ethanol.

Use panethenol b! Dandruff is caused by pg. vaadi has a good dandruff shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Use panethenol b! Dandruff is caused by pg. vaadi has a good dandruff shampoo
    Hey lilpauly where do you buyyou panethanol b and what are your ratios?

Quote Originally Posted by goldnt View Post
    Hey lilpauly where do you buyyou panethanol b and what are your ratios?
    Hi man I'm going to try this , my friend swears by it , u add 4ml

Yeah or the batch of RU you got was not quality or got contaminated from poor manufacturing practices since no one knows where they get it or produce from. Its a chemical from other country with who knows what regulations on it.
    Its a lot easier and cheaper to dilute a chemical then is to produce it 100 percent legit and consistent. You cant test every batch