+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lucrio View Post
    I'm no regular here but I figure I'll give my two cents.

Back when I was using fin I used inhouse pharmacy. I used the generic finpecia and I was definitely legit. I had a few sides, which is how I know it is legit, but I wouldn't let that discourage you from trying fin. All people react differently so there's a good chance you won't get any side edffects. It definitely was working for me as well so there is a good chance also that it'll work for you.

It's inhousepharmacy.biz
    Finpecia is just the same only a generic and cheaper, good luck
    I have tried fin before, higher doses more frequent. I'm going to taper up to a higher dose but I will start out slow at big intervals. I got a few sides, the common ones. But hopefully the sides wear off after a couple of months. Did you stop taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    I am not sure if fin is effective at such a small dose. I will read up on the thread in your comment to get more info on that. I would say since you did get sides in the past, the important thing, at least early on, isn't putting enough fin into your body to start regrowing hair. It's to get your body adjusted. You are taking the right/smart approach.

I'm no regular here but I figure I'll give my two cents.

Back when I was using fin I used inhouse pharmacy. I used the generic finpecia and I was definitely legit. I had a few sides, which is how I know it is legit, but I wouldn't let that discourage you from trying fin. All people react differently so there's a good chance you won't get any side edffects. It definitely was working for me as well so there is a good chance also that it'll work for you.

It's inhousepharmacy.biz
    Finpecia is just the same only a generic and cheaper, good luck
    Thanks man.
    My doctor is old school and thinks you can't stop baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I am not sure if fin is effective at such a small dose. I will read up on the thread in your comment to get more info on that. I would say since you did get sides in the past, the important thing, at least early on, isn't putting enough fin into your body to start regrowing hair. It's to get your body adjusted. You are taking the right/smart approach.
    Definitely. I know it probably won't be as effective but I would rather take it slow and increase my dose as my body adjusts. Hopefully I can hang in there a few years until something better comes out. Oh that'll be the day when fin is outmatched.

I have tried fin before, higher doses more frequent. I'm going to taper up to a higher dose but I will start out slow at big intervals. I got a few sides, the common ones. But hopefully the sides wear off after a couple of months. Did you stop taking it?
    Yeah, I stopped taking it. But I actually did the opposite of what you're saying, I started tapering down after seeing side effects. I tried to put two weeks between each reduction in dosage. By the time I got to like 0.125 mg per day I definitely noticed a decrease in sides, but I had been on the 1 mg per day dose for so long that even after a six weeks of tapering down, I still think I had residual effects from the higher dose so I didn't ever feel the full benefits of a small dose before quitting. This was about two years ago and I still think that if I had started in the other direction, tapering up, I would have done a lot better.

I know there is that DHT inhibition vs. fin dosage curve that people use to determine the efficacy of smaller fin doses, and it would indicate that .125 mg/day would only inhibit about 30% of DHT. I however think that most people fall within some place on a spectrum of the amount of DHT to inhibit for reduction of hair loss and minimal side effects so 30% may be sufficient. If you taper up slowly you may find that sweet spot where you can inhibit DHT and see little sides.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1001 View Post
    Thanks man.
    My doctor is old school and thinks you can't stop baldness.
    I wouldnt say he is wrong. I think in most cases your slowing it down more then stopping it. There is still a lot of DHT left so it makes sense it does not stop most of the time. Its different for everybody

Yeah, I stopped taking it. But I actually did the opposite of what you're saying, I started tapering down after seeing side effects. I tried to put two weeks between each reduction in dosage. By the time I got to like 0.125 mg per day I definitely noticed a decrease in sides, but I had been on the 1 mg per day dose for so long that even after a six weeks of tapering down, I still think I had residual effects from the higher dose so I didn't ever feel the full benefits of a small dose before quitting. This was about two years ago and I still think that if I had started in the other direction, tapering up, I would have done a lot better.

I know there is that DHT inhibition vs. fin dosage curve that people use to determine the efficacy of smaller fin doses, and it would indicate that .125 mg/day would only inhibit about 30% of DHT. I however think that most people fall within some place on a spectrum of the amount of DHT to inhibit for reduction of hair loss and minimal side effects so 30% may be sufficient. If you taper up slowly you may find that sweet spot where you can inhibit DHT and see little sides.
    Thanks for all the insight from you! Yes I agree and hopefully as I increase my dose I do hopefully find that sweet spot. If fin doesn't work out for me I'm going to try RU next. Are you doing anything now with your hairloss? Did your libido come all the way back after quitting fin? Did your hairloss start up again after quitting fin? Sorry for bombarding you with questions!

Thanks for all the insight from you! Yes I agree and hopefully as I increase my dose I do hopefully find that sweet spot. If fin doesn't work out for me I'm going to try RU next. Are you doing anything now with your hairloss? Did your libido come all the way back after quitting fin? Did your hairloss start up again after quitting fin? Sorry for bombarding you with questions!
    No problem, questions are the point of this forum. I am actually using RU now; I have been using it for about 9 weeks, I started it at 1% concentration and increased the concentration with each batch until reaching 5% concentration where I am now. It has definitely helped with reducing the amount of hairs I shed, improving hair quality, and a few new hairs at my right hairline, but nothing really noticeable quite yet.

My libido did come fully back after quitting fin, as well as complete reversal of other side effects, including inability to maintain erections (not a pleasant one that's for sure). It took about two months for complete reversal of side effects, but like I said, I did see marked improvements in sides as I lowered my dosage, up until quitting. I do feel that if I had stayed at the low dose (.125 mg/day) for a few months the sides may have gone away without having to completely quit fin, it just takes many weeks to adjust and determine where a smaller dose has gotten you in terms sides.

Unfortunately my hair loss did start again after quitting. One thing I would recommend if you do experiment with doses is to keep a variety of dandruff shampoos handy (Nizoral, T-gel, Selsun Blue, Head and Shoulders). I say this because the hormonal changes of switching doses can occasionally cause flare ups of dandruff because your scalp's sebaceous glands may be in flux. Keeping some dandruff shampoos with a variety of active ingredients can help keep your scalp clean and prevent any dandruff. I got a few bad cases of dandruff and it always helped to use one shampoo one day and another shampoo the next day.

Update: Never in a million years would I think I would be typing this but my one dose a week of finpecia in conjunction with rogaine 2x a day has produced AMAZING results! My hairloss has completely came to a halt and I regrew SO much hair back. Mind you that i experienced a shed from the fin and rogaine at the same time which made me think I was going bald fast but now that all the hair has came back it's actually thick again. What I also noticed is my beard. It's insanely thick now! I have pretty much zero side effects from the fin since it's been about 9-10 months or so. I just hope that with my current regimen I can maintain what I have. If anyone wants pictures I'll post them.

Update: Never in a million years would I think I would be typing this but my one dose a week of finpecia in conjunction with rogaine 2x a day has produced AMAZING results! My hairloss has completely came to a halt and I regrew SO much hair back. Mind you that i experienced a shed from the fin and rogaine at the same time which made me think I was going bald fast but now that all the hair has came back it's actually thick again. What I also noticed is my beard. It's insanely thick now! I have pretty much zero side effects from the fin since it's been about 9-10 months or so. I just hope that with my current regimen I can maintain what I have. If anyone wants pictures I'll post them.
    congrats man some pics will be great I think I have noticed some reduced shedding fingers crossed for regrowth