+ Reply to Thread

Default Dut or RU next? Hairloss progressing

Hey guys, long time poster on this forum.

I've had fairly aggressive hairloss since about 18 years old, started at an NW2 around then, until becoming an NW3 diffuse by about 20, started on fin and largely remained the same. I'm now 22.

However I've been growing my hair a bit for the past 8 months or so, finally shaved it down to about an inch on the top(was about 2.5 inches) and noticed it's definitely gotten thinner still NW3 diffuse but overall it looks a bit thinner than before.

So which of these two should I add? Already on Fin+Minoxidil and tried niz which didnt do anything.

Any other aggressive hairloss guys use DUT and get results? I dont have sides on fin.

I am taking dut .5 every day. I have been on it for approximately 10 months. Prior I was on fin for the last 2-3 years. I can't say with certainty my hair loss has stopped but it has slowed down. However, I am experiencing hair loss on the sides which appears to be retroactive alopecia. That also seems to have slowed down since starting dut.

I believe dut, minox and Niz are the best proven methods that will hold your ground until the next wave of treatments arrive. I will also be adding RU in the coming months.

I am a NW 3.5 diffuse and while my hairline is an M, I shave it. I have also retained a weak "outline" of where my hair should be if I was NW 0 using propecia then dut. Dut is the best you can safely use so I highly recommend it.

Maybe it's a shed? I would try regenepure DR and NT daily works great much better than nizoral.

I'd try dut

Im your age, aggressive loss, started recently (did;t give fin much of a chance tho)...too early to say how its working for me, but no sides

Could throw RU in there as well, just for the hairline/front (add it to kirkland minox).

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    I'd try dut

Im your age, aggressive loss, started recently (did;t give fin much of a chance tho)...too early to say how its working for me, but no sides

Could throw RU in there as well, just for the hairline/front (add it to kirkland minox).
    Let me know how it goes for a few months, I will probably make the switch after I hit two years of fin

There isn't really much for us aggressive losers, I'm interested in the CB formula Desmond came up with but it's far too complicated for me to make myself.

I didn't get sides on fin so it's doubtful RU will cause me sides, it's just that DUT inhibits more DHT so it's a little bit scarier.

Whatever route you choose will you please keep us all posted? I am a young guy with aggressive hairloss as well. I seem to be holding ground with Fin, minox, and niz for now, but I am worried that these results will wane at some point and then I am not sure what to do. If you keep us all posted it will add to the collective knowledge for everyone and we will know what works and what doesn't.

Although I haven't personally switched I have read that you can have a major shed switching from Fin to Dut. However, I have also read that many people just add Dut several times a week to daily Fin and get great results. Perhaps this is a way to avoid this shed? There is even a study that was done where a man added Dut once a week to daily Fin after using daily Fin only for 4 years and saw a major improvement in his hair. We are not allowed to post links on this site but I have the study saved on my laptop I can email it to you if you like. The study has pics of the guys hair and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Whatever route you choose will you please keep us all posted? I am a young guy with aggressive hairloss as well. I seem to be holding ground with Fin, minox, and niz for now, but I am worried that these results will wane at some point and then I am not sure what to do. If you keep us all posted it will add to the collective knowledge for everyone and we will know what works and what doesn't.

Although I haven't personally switched I have read that you can have a major shed switching from Fin to Dut. However, I have also read that many people just add Dut several times a week to daily Fin and get great results. Perhaps this is a way to avoid this shed? There is even a study that was done where a man added Dut once a week to daily Fin after using daily Fin only for 4 years and saw a major improvement in his hair. We are not allowed to post links on this site but I have the study saved on my laptop I can email it to you if you like. The study has pics of the guys hair and everything.
    I would be adding Dut 2-4 times a week to my fin regime.

I havent lost massive ground but the loss has progressed slightly, lets say 10% worse than almost 2 years ago when i started on Fin, Pre-fin i was shedding like crazy and would probably be bald by now.

For sure ill start on that, and keep track I probably wont be starting for a couple months however as im heading to europe for month soon!

and email me that story to reganc@yorku.ca please no spam!

Sent. Best of luck to you and enjoy Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Sent. Best of luck to you and enjoy Europe!
    Very interesting article, this actually pursuades me to add Dut right now once a week with this 5 week half life.

any way of getting Dut in Canada? I got Proscar through perscription, can't get Dut that way!

Why can't you get Dut that way? Just take this article and any others that back up that you have done your research and go doctor shopping.