+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Sponsoring somebody to go to WCHR 2014

So, WCHR 2014 is in two months. As Desmond noted, there will be some extremely interesting presentations: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15636 that should give us a good impression of how far the scientist really are at tackling hairloss. I'm afraid though that that conference will happen and we'll get to hear nothing. Remember that when Jahoda presented his breakthrough finding at WCHR 2013 last year, it was almost half a year later when the media started reporting about it (when Jahoda officially released his research results). So, it would be awesome to have some eyes and ears there !

Preferably this should be somebody who understands what they're talking about. Somebody like Desmond ! I think Desmond lives relatively close too (in Australia right ?) If Desmond is willing to go, I'd be happy to donate some money for his expenses and I think/hope others are too. If Desmond cant go, then we'd have to look for somebody else though. What do you guys think ? Desmond ? Any other volunteers ?

I totally agree with your idea

as a Korean I will gladly go to Incheon airport for the visitor

and help him transfer to go Jeju island

also I'll treat him some Korean food and guide him for travel Seoul if he want to haha

If it's Desmond it will be tremendous honor for me

Sadly now I have my university semester that it is hard for me to

visit the congress but anyway I promise I'll do my best to help him deliver

the cutting edge info of congress to the forum members

playsound

Yes, I nominate Arashi and Hellouser. They are the only ones I can trust, how much funds do you think will be needed.

Desmond book that week off of work! Your goin to Korea budd!

You are the chosen one

Maybe we can arrange Desmond to stay with Dr Nigam to save some $$$ :P

Seriously though this goal could probably be reached if Desmond or someone else is up for it. Just looked up air fare for a return flight Korea <--> Australia, looks to be about $1-1.5k. I'm sure a couple grand would be enough to fund the trip.

Default waste of time

You're wasting your time. I suggested someone attend on behalf of the forum last year when the meeting was in Edinburgh. It was not long after they'd started Bald Truth UK and I suggested Spex could go and report on it. I was totally ignored, my thread got derailed and turned into a discussion on whether or not Spex was a good guy. Weeks later when the conference was only days away Desmond suggested my idea and people listened - Spex even responded to him and said he couldn't as was out of the country.

People won't bother with this thread....forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    You're wasting your time. I suggested someone attend on behalf of the forum last year when the meeting was in Edinburgh. It was not long after they'd started Bald Truth UK and I suggested Spex could go and report on it. I was totally ignored, my thread got derailed and turned into a discussion on whether or not Spex was a good guy. Weeks later when the conference was only days away Desmond suggested my idea and people listened - Spex even responded to him and said he couldn't as was out of the country.

People won't bother with this thread....forget it.
    I think people DO bother. This is THE opportunity of the year to get some good insight into how far they are at solving the last pieces of the puzzle. The next opportunity to have all the gods of this industry under one roof will be WCHR 2015 Given the extremely interesting presentation titles, I'd love to chip in some money. But of course the difficulty this time is that it's quite far away from pretty much everybody here, even Desmond would have to travel thousands of miles. BUT if somebody like him is interested, I'm sure we could get some money together, cause I'm sure there are people willing to pay for some good info ! I would chip in $200 for starters But again, I don't think the money will be the problem, but the main thing is to find somebody who A) understand everything and B) is willing to travel and C) likes reporting about it. I've put my hope on Desmond

I was thinking the exact same thing when I posted about the conference on another forum. WE (the community) should at least have someone there.

We should/could make a kickstarter (kickstarter.com) from this to streamline the process.
    And before anyone says that this is not a valid project for kickstarter let me say that it surely is. They have opened up to a lot of different "activities" and goals ... it's not just tech startups that want to get funding.

I'm in ! good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    Yes, I nominate Arashi and Hellouser. They are the only ones I can trust, how much funds do you think will be needed.
    I'm opting out, I'd rather have Desmond go, he'd understand what the presentations are about MUCH better than I would. Plus, I have a 9-5 job I cannot move away from unless I take vacation days to go.

Great idea, I'll be happy to contribute as well if Desmond or any Sr member is willing to go

I'm broke but... 50 eur, if Desmond goes...