+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I will pitch in as well.

Update?

Hello, have anyone been able to set up an account to gather the founds to send Desmond to the congress.

I would do it but realize that will have more credibility coming from a Sr. member.

Arashi, since you came up with the idea would you be able to create an account to gather the money?

Ill be happy to send my contribution if we can set it up!

I'm a bit busy but I realize that if I don't do it, most probably it won't happen at all. So I will open an account indeed. But first of all, Desmond, if you're out there let us know you are still willing to go. And I will set this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I'm a bit busy but I realize that if I don't do it, most probably it won't happen at all. So I will open an account indeed. But first of all, Desmond, if you're out there let us know you are still willing to go. And I will set this up.
    Thanks Arashi,

You might find easy to set an account in www.gofundme.com, is a website dedicated to gather money for donations and I believe we should even be able to wave wire fees every time a member sends money

It's also easier than opening a bank account... hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by efedrez View Post
    Thanks Arashi,

You might find easy to set an account in www.gofundme.com, is a website dedicated to gather money for donations and I believe we should even be able to wave wire fees every time a member sends money

It's also easier than opening a bank account... hope it helps
    A new thread should be started with a tally of how much funds CAN actually be collected before donating and not hitting the mark.

What about getting in to the conference? Getting a press pass? Pretty sure they don't just let anyone in. It's a nice idea for us to have an inside man from the forums there, but I'm betting nothing comes of it. Desmond is probably busy anyway. The info will get to us one way or another.

Smile hey

If we do this then we need to do it now. Is everyone okay with me making the website and putting up a simple page where people can see how much is already donated and the goal. I can have it in like a day, then people can send paypal donations to his email, which he will post in public, that way you will know for sure that it is going to him only. I will not be able to donate money, but I can put the money for the domain name and hosting and privacy to do this. What do you guys think?

Hey guys. I have to give work 1 month heads up before I go on leave so we pretty much have 1 week to get the funding together. I had a look and we need sonewhere in the proximity of $2800 to cover the flight accommodation and conference ticket. I'm willing to put in $500.

Another option is just skip this years conference and go next year. It is based in USA and will be much cheaper to get a member to go. Either way let me know.

I'm always here for u guys.

Cheers

Des

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    What about getting in to the conference? Getting a press pass? Pretty sure they don't just let anyone in. It's a nice idea for us to have an inside man from the forums there, but I'm betting nothing comes of it. Desmond is probably busy anyway.
    Hehe with such a negative attitude nothing ever gets done First we wait for Desmond to reply. I'm going to try to contact him via other means too today (I think Boldy is in contact with him and Boldy is a friend of mine). If he's still ok with the plan, I'll set up the account. If for some reason we can't get Desmond to the conference (not enough funds, no tickets, whatever reason), I will of course make sure to refund everybody: that's possible with paypal without paying ANY fees, so that's perfect.

The info will get to us one way or another.
    NO, that's just NOT true. The only hope would then be Dr (??) Nigam, but this guy has it's own agenda, is unreliable, might not attend all important conferences, might not share the interesting info and has proven not to even understand everything himself (like he still claims Tsuji labs didnt use human cells for example, he didnt even understand one of the most important thesis out there). He's just not the brightest guy out there, Desmond is way smarter than him.

If Desmond doesn't go, we will have to wait till official publications coming out and these might come half a year or later after the conference. And still, there's no guarantee all the speakers will even issue publications at all. Without Desmond, all we will get is silence ...