+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is it really true that generic is worse than name brand...? or are you just saying this is what you believe to be true?

Is there any sort of data on this, because this is extremely alarming to me.

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    Is it really true that generic is worse than name brand...? or are you just saying this is what you believe to be true?

Is there any sort of data on this, because this is extremely alarming to me.
    this has to be complete bullshiit. its a drug made with the same ingredients period. as long as you get it through your doctor with a script it will all be the same. Obviously if you are buying it online through some random person making it in their basement then yes I would be worried but if your pharmacy is selling propecia or Ratio generic fin for ex. it will be the same

Thought I would revive this thread as I'm still not convinced that Proscar has halted my hair loss.

Why doesn't everybody use dut rather than fin if it is considered more effective?

What is the process for buying dut in the UK? Through a GP or privately?

Personally I'm using Fin rather than Dut for 2 reasons:

1. Since Fin is a weaker drug, if it eventually loses effectiveness I can add RU58841 until it loses effectiveness, and then switch to Dut. I could start out with Dut sure, but I fear I might squander 5-10 years of hair maintenance with Fin. There's a lot of people who have done this online and it seems to have worked for them.

2. I have some slight sides from Fin. I have read that over time as people get used to the drug many people's sides go away. If the sides get out of hand I will stop immediately, but as of now the benefits outweigh the negatives. Since Dut is a stronger drug I worry that if I used it instead the sides would be much worse than with Fin.

If Fin isn't maintaining your hair, and it isn't giving you sides, than yea you might want to switch to Dut.

As far as where to buy I personally live in the US and I get generic proscar prescribed to me from a family doctor, pick it up at a CVS pharmacy, and cut it into 4ths. The 8 pills costs me a little over 5 bucks a month and its working great.

The issue is that my dad was a NW3 or 4 by the time he was 21 and I'm approaching 20 years of age. As such, my hairloss is getting increasingly aggressive and I'm unsure if the big 3 is enough to stave off further balding for time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Why doesn't everybody use dut rather than fin if it is considered more effective?
    For me the answer is: safety profile and price. Yeah I know fin isn't 100% safe, but at least it has been in use for the treatment for hair loss for about 20 years, and prescribed to millions. Dut hasn't been widely used for the treatment of hair for very long, and I believe most doctors would still not be aware it is even a treatment for hair loss. With that being said, dut is my plan B if fin fails.

Dut is also not cheap, even online the generic stuff is pretty pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    The issue is that my dad was a NW3 or 4 by the time he was 21 and I'm approaching 20 years of age. As such, my hairloss is getting increasingly aggressive and I'm unsure if the big 3 is enough to stave off further balding for time being.

man there comes a point where you're just going to have to accept what's going on.

It's looking like what I thought was a shed is just my hair laughing at the big three, so..

if your dad was that bad at 21, and still made you, he must not have been that bad in other ways

From what I've read in this thread, it seems that, at this stage, adding RU58841 to my regimen might be a more viable option.

As long as you are giving treatments a fair amount of time to work, then I would say if they are not working, time to try experimental treatments.

Considering that fin should reduce DHT levels from the word go and I've been taking it for 4 months without the desired results, I am confident that now is the time to consider either dut or RU58841.