+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just Wondering

Smile Just Wondering

Hey fellas how's it going? Long time lurker, first time poster here. I had a question that might be stupid, idk, but nevertheless here it is: we know that sensitivity to DHT causes miniaturization in the hair follicles of a balding man, and blocking conversion of T to DHT with fin or other AA's has been known to stop hair loss or reverse it. Here recently I read on a thread about CB-03-01, that simply blocking the androgens would not be enough to regrow hair and that we need some sort of growth stimulant... Now let me drift off topic for just a sec, I have been buzzing my NW3-Vish hair for nearly four months now. I've even shaved it to the skin a few times, but every time I buzz or shave I can feel all of my hair from my temporal peaks, my hairline, and all the way to my crown when it grows back. Basically everywhere my terminal hair used to be. Now given the fact that apparently there is still some initiative in the follicles to grow, why then would blocking DHT not be sufficient in regrowing hair? I apologize if this seems an amateur question, just curious is all. Thanks for any reply!

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWillis View Post
    Hey fellas how's it going? Long time lurker, first time poster here. I had a question that might be stupid, idk, but nevertheless here it is: we know that sensitivity to DHT causes miniaturization in the hair follicles of a balding man, and blocking conversion of T to DHT with fin or other AA's has been known to stop hair loss or reverse it. Here recently I read on a thread about CB-03-01, that simply blocking the androgens would not be enough to regrow hair and that we need some sort of growth stimulant... Now let me drift off topic for just a sec, I have been buzzing my NW3-Vish hair for nearly four months now. I've even shaved it to the skin a few times, but every time I buzz or shave I can feel all of my hair from my temporal peaks, my hairline, and all the way to my crown when it grows back. Basically everywhere my terminal hair used to be. Now given the fact that apparently there is still some initiative in the follicles to grow, why then would blocking DHT not be sufficient in regrowing hair? I apologize if this seems an amateur question, just curious is all. Thanks for any reply!
    The hair does regrow in some cases. Dr. R. Bernstein has some encouraging photos on his Website. The whole picture regarding the mechanics of MPB is not yet available. What is known goes like this...

Identical twins; both inherited the Norwood 6 gene, target age 32. One of the twins is castrated before puberty and at age 40, he's a big "boy" lacking muscle tone, body hair, facial hair, and has a full head of hair.

Comparisons between balding scalp and hairy scalp indicate a lack of progenitor cells of the follicle outer-root sheath in affected hairs. Stem cells apparently remain in decent supply. The question remains, what does DHT actually do to promote hair loss? Some researchers claim that DHT starves the susceptible hairs of nutrition to where the body's immune system sees part of the hair as a foreign object and attacks. Future treatments may be something as simple as an improved version of finasteride or dutasteride taken with an immune inhibitor that keeps hair in a normal anagen phase.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

I would totally have some sperm frozen and get castrated if there was a 100% chance that I could still have sex and that my hairloss would stop. But with my bad luck, I would probably not be able to get boners AND get alopecia areata, universalis, or totalis right after castration and still lose my hair! Can you imagine?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Default Cinao

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version