Threaded View

Default Is it lying? Or what?

My hair is very naturally textured and easily manageable into a shaggy looking style with some length to it - which is what I am doing ever since I really noticed my hair loss.
    I'm pushing my hair forward and using a blow-dryer to add volume and cover the recession and thinning of my hairline, while covering some of my forehead as well. Hopefully eventually with treatment it either thickens up to the point I don't have to do this anymore, as I'm not covering any slick-bald areas or anything... or I just cut it all off and live with it. But right now I would go from someone with maybe a recessing hairline but still healthy looking hair to a early balding young guy if I buzzed it all off.
    It looks like a haircut, just a little bit indie looking some days if it is a little messier than normal. It looks like crap if it's not styled well and dried because of the thinning of the hairline, though. And I don't really let anyone touch my hair ever, hate windy days, and won't enter the visible world without properly showering and styling it.

I know if people were to see what it looked like before/without all of that, it would be obvious that I am/have losing/lost dents in hairline, though.

Like I just realized that when looking at some recent pictures of me, my hair looks pretty good at a lot of angles, and just looks like I have a high forehead, which I have.. But I know it's not really true. I feel like I look like I'm not, but I do look like that when it's styled.. so..

Is there a point where you're just being.. dishonest? or is that not even really a thing, it's just how your style your hair? Maximizing what you have to look the best? I feel like I'm maintaining an image for myself and for other people. But.. doesn't everyone do that regardless of if it's hair or makeup or clothing or whatever.. I'm trying to feel this out.

Thanks again guys.