+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HT Opinions

Default HT Opinions

Hi all.

So this is my 2nd post on here but ive been reading these forums for the past few months when I started taking FIN to halt my hair loss.

Im about to turn 32 and ive been balding/receding since I was probably 21. Id say its been pretty slow overall. I didnt really start buzzing my hair until I was 28 and even then didnt start using a #1 until probably a year ago.

Right now im probably an NW advanced 3A/4. Most of the thinning I have is the hair line and mid scalp. (basically the classic T starting closer to the forehead). I do have thinning in the vertex but its not really advanced.

My donor region seems pretty much unscathed in traditional male pattern baldness fashion though so I feel I have good options in terms of donor hairs.

Ive attached some pictures below. I apologize for the crappy resolution and lighting. I really dont have much to work with other than an Iphone and a bathroom with some missing lightbulbs. I also keep my hair pretty much #1 these days so it might be hard to gauge how bad it really is.

I know hair transplants can only do so much but im curious to see others opinions of what I might expect to be able to accomplish. I guess my expectation would be to get maybe back close* to being a NW 2 or lite NW3 with 3000-3500 grafts. Ideally id like to fill in some of the vertex too but im not sure thats really possible at this point.

I did talk to Mike from Dr. Hasson and Wong's office after sending some pictures and he mentioned he personally thought I was a good candidate and could get really good results. He seemed like a straight shooter and I liked him but im still always leery of the sales pitch. I havnt spoken to H&W themselves yet but plan to go to Vancouver for a consultation next if I move forward.

I have to say that im a bit nervous of scarring and the potential for further loss and shockloss but I do feel if I can expect decent results, from a good doctor of course (Ive heard almost all good about H&W), it would be worth the risks.

I just feel since this is a large financial investment and life investment of sorts that I should really look for info and opinions from other people who've had similar experiences.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg

Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	25372   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg

Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	25373   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	25374   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg

Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	25375   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg

Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	25376   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 6.jpg

Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	25377  

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JWF View Post
    I just feel since this is a large financial investment and life investment of sorts that I should really look for info and opinions from other people who've had similar experiences.
    Are you using Propecia and/or Rogaine? What is your family history of hair loss? Do you have brothers? What is their hair loss like? Are there any Norwood sevens in your family? have you had you donor hair evaluated? Are you aware that donor characteristics have a huge impact on the result? Are you an ideal candidate for strip surgery?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Are you using Propecia and/or Rogaine?
    Ive been on propecia and rogaine (once a day) for 7 months now. I took fin from mid 2011 to mid 2012 as well and thought it halted my hair loss and even thickened my hair a bit. I stopped due to financial reasons. I dont feel my hair has thinned or thickened much since starting it again.

What is their hair loss like? Are there any Norwood sevens in your family?
    Both my brother and father are norwood 7s. Both had more aggressive hair loss than me and were practically norwood 7's by the time they were in their late 20's/early 30's.

have you had you donor hair evaluated? Are you aware that donor characteristics have a huge impact on the result? Are you an ideal candidate for strip surgery?
    I havnt had my donor region evaluated yet. I am aware that it having a good donor region is important.

I dont have any thinning in the donor region and I feel I have good density in that area but obviously its impossible to know for sure without being evaluated by a doctor.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JWF View Post
    Ive been on propecia and rogaine (once a day) for 7 months now. I took fin from mid 2011 to mid 2012 as well and thought it halted my hair loss and even thickened my hair a bit. I stopped due to financial reasons. I dont feel my hair has thinned or thickened much since starting it again.

Both my brother and father are norwood 7s. Both had more aggressive hair loss than me and were practically norwood 7's by the time they were in their late 20's/early 30's.

I havnt had my donor region evaluated yet. I am aware that it having a good donor region is important.

I dont have any thinning in the donor region and I feel I have good density in that area but obviously its impossible to know for sure without being evaluated by a doctor.
    If you are willing to grow your hair about 2 inches, I recommend you locate a doctor near you who will perform a HairCheck and a donor density check. Reputable doctors will proceed with caution when there is a possibility of a potential patient progressing to a Norwood 7. A Norwood 6 with great donor characteristics can be treated successfully. Full illusion of coverage on a Norwood 7 requires a decent yield from a great deal of non-scalp donor hair. Here is a Norwood 7 patient of Dr. Cole's who received some cosmetic benefit but not full coverage.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	8,400-2550.jpg

Size:	36.6 KB