Thread: HT Opinions

Threaded View

Default HT Opinions

Hi all.

So this is my 2nd post on here but ive been reading these forums for the past few months when I started taking FIN to halt my hair loss.

Im about to turn 32 and ive been balding/receding since I was probably 21. Id say its been pretty slow overall. I didnt really start buzzing my hair until I was 28 and even then didnt start using a #1 until probably a year ago.

Right now im probably an NW advanced 3A/4. Most of the thinning I have is the hair line and mid scalp. (basically the classic T starting closer to the forehead). I do have thinning in the vertex but its not really advanced.

My donor region seems pretty much unscathed in traditional male pattern baldness fashion though so I feel I have good options in terms of donor hairs.

Ive attached some pictures below. I apologize for the crappy resolution and lighting. I really dont have much to work with other than an Iphone and a bathroom with some missing lightbulbs. I also keep my hair pretty much #1 these days so it might be hard to gauge how bad it really is.

I know hair transplants can only do so much but im curious to see others opinions of what I might expect to be able to accomplish. I guess my expectation would be to get maybe back close* to being a NW 2 or lite NW3 with 3000-3500 grafts. Ideally id like to fill in some of the vertex too but im not sure thats really possible at this point.

I did talk to Mike from Dr. Hasson and Wong's office after sending some pictures and he mentioned he personally thought I was a good candidate and could get really good results. He seemed like a straight shooter and I liked him but im still always leery of the sales pitch. I havnt spoken to H&W themselves yet but plan to go to Vancouver for a consultation next if I move forward.

I have to say that im a bit nervous of scarring and the potential for further loss and shockloss but I do feel if I can expect decent results, from a good doctor of course (Ive heard almost all good about H&W), it would be worth the risks.

I just feel since this is a large financial investment and life investment of sorts that I should really look for info and opinions from other people who've had similar experiences.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg

Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	25372   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg

Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	25373   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	25374   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg

Size:	90.9 KB