Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    I have to ask this.

Guys...will we break down in joy as well one day?

Deaf woman's shock as she hears for first time
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-26779079

I bet we will

No.

And I mean that in regards to the timing.

They won't be transplanting fully grown stylable hair -- therefore the process will be a slow adaptation/accumulation and hopefully you don't even "notice" it occurring besides the fact there will be hair where there wasn't.

This lady literally had a switch turned on. Black and white. Won't be that way with hair.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    No.

And I mean that in regards to the timing.

They won't be transplanting fully grown stylable hair -- therefore the process will be a slow adaptation/accumulation and hopefully you don't even "notice" it occurring besides the fact there will be hair where there wasn't.

This lady literally had a switch turned on. Black and white. Won't be that way with hair.
    That's true, it'd take months to notice the change as follicles need a few months to go through the growth cycle before hair goes through the anagen cycle... although at that point it would be where we would start feeling significantly better about ourselves. What's nice though, is that with each following day we'd feel better and better as we see more and more hair.

Doesn't matter, as long as we get to that point of a satisfactory lifestyle is all that matters.

Correct, the timing is much different.
    It was just some kind of philosophical question.

But still, suppose one day you could get a working cure, and to have it work, you have to cover up your head for, say, one year.
    The moment you unveil it, what would you do?

Would you just stare at it, thinking that your true appearance is restored, and technology has eventually gave back to you what nature has once stolen?

Or would you cry, like a baby, just thinking that you are so much luckier than millions of billions of men in history who never saw their hair back?

Would you start believing in some god? Or would you just simply smile at it, like you would to your newborn child, and then just walk away, out of the clinic, into a fantastic, first day of your new life? Happily thinking that it is so right to desire a part of your body given back to you?

Don't you ever have the feeling that mankind deserves to grasp the ability to decide whether to succumb to past genetic mistakes or not?

Don't you ever ask yourself why the social perception about baldness lacks empathy?

PS what do you think?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxithromycin

Sorry if I don't open a specific thread...maybe I should.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    But still, suppose one day you could get a working cure, and to have it work, you have to cover up your head for, say, one year.
    The moment you unveil it, what would you do?

Would you just stare at it, thinking that your true appearance is restored, and technology has eventually gave back to you what nature has once stolen?

Or would you cry, like a baby, just thinking that you are so much luckier than millions of billions of men in history who never saw their hair back?
    I'd sob like a little girl. It'd be tears of happiness though, finally having to restore what nature has robbed me of.

Would you start believing in some god?
    HELL NO.

If you believe in god then you also have to accept his divine plan, part of which included us today being bald and the other part of being social rejects due to baldness.

Or would you just simply smile at it, like you would to your newborn child, and then just walk away, out of the clinic, into a fantastic, first day of your new life? Happily thinking that it is so right to desire a part of your body given back to you?
    Yes.

Don't you ever have the feeling that mankind deserves to grasp the ability to decide whether to succumb to past genetic mistakes or not?
    Hell yes.

Don't you ever ask yourself why the social perception about baldness lacks empathy?
    Because those privileged with hair have deemed themselves to be at the top of the social class and would prefer us baldies to stay at the bottom if only to preserve their standing. How else would they know their live's are so awesome if they didn't have others living in misery? Its yin and yang. Society is basically scum, I despise nearly everyone around me living a life of luxury, monetary or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

those privileged with hair have deemed themselves to be at the top of the social class and would prefer us baldies to stay at the bottom if only to preserve their standing. How else would they know their live's are so awesome if they didn't have others living in misery? Its yin and yang. Society is basically scum, I despise nearly everyone around me living a life of luxury, monetary or otherwise.
    Have you ever thought about how awesome your life is considering you're one of the priveledged 20 % of people in the world not living in hunger or poverty? Have you ever pondered about all the wealth and luxury you've been born into? Have you ever considered the fact you still have all your health and (assumingly) no major disabilities? You should. You're one of the first Western generations not to know war (out of own experience). Instead of aknowledging this you moan like a little bitch. You moan about these trivial things because you don't know real problems. God or natures owes you nothing.

We're all on this forum because we want to keep our hair. But when I read the words and the tone in your posts, I really think you need some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Have you ever thought about how awesome your life is considering you're one of the priveledged 20 % of people in the world not living in hunger or poverty? Have you ever pondered about all the wealth and luxury you've been born into? Have you ever considered the fact you still have all your health and (assumingly) no major disabilities? You should. You're one of the first Western generations not to know war (out of own experience). Instead of aknowledging this you moan like a little bitch. You moan about these trivial things because you don't know real problems. God or natures owes you nothing.

We're all on this forum because we want to keep our hair. But when I read the words and the tone in your posts, I really think you need some perspective.
    You do realize that community and belonging is a basic human need, right? So while you may think I don't realize we're far more privileged in other ways ourselves in the western world (I know we are), it doesn't change the fact that some of us are socially crippled as bald people. Everyone's problems are relative. I wouldn't be so quick to downplay the seriousness of psychological distress many of us are having a very difficult time trying to overcome.