+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Probably NW 2.5. If you look at the left of the photo (my right side) you clearly see my original hairline (much denser) along the temple. Basically they filled up my temples and lowered the hairline with about 2-3 cm.
    They lowered your hairline 2-3 across the entire length from left to right?! That's not possible with even the maximum number of grafts they could give you in one session; 3,000. Think about it, if HASCI can only achieve about 35 grafts in the first pass, then:

3,000 / 35 = 85

This means you'd only have 85cm/2 to play with. But a hairline is typically around 25-30cm in length (following the entire 'M' pattern). So, you would need to fill in your temples PLUS lower it by 3 centimetres, therefor 3cm/2 x 30cm/2 = 90cm/2!

Either they lowered your hairline by too much and made it look sparse for that amount (assuming you got 3,000 grafts) or not all grafts regrew in the recipient which means their results SUCK.

But... I know for sure you didn't get that many grafts as it was more likely anywhere between 1,400 - 1,800...

In any case, HASCI needs to quit dodging questions and quit answering them with total CRAP logic... they backpedaled on their regeneration claims by taking down the 85% figure from their website and they can only allow their patients to go in for THREE procedures. I smell a load of horsehockey.

Ok but if we leave the regeneration aspect to one side...

Is there many people on this forum who have had HST and are pleased with their result?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    They lowered your hairline 2-3 across the entire length from left to right?! That's not possible with even the maximum number of grafts they could give you in one session; 3,000. Think about it, if HASCI can only achieve about 35 grafts in the first pass, then:

3,000 / 35 = 85

This means you'd only have 85cm/2 to play with. But a hairline is typically around 25-30cm in length (following the entire 'M' pattern). So, you would need to fill in your temples PLUS lower it by 3 centimetres, therefor 3cm/2 x 30cm/2 = 90cm/2!

Either they lowered your hairline by too much and made it look sparse for that amount (assuming you got 3,000 grafts) or not all grafts regrew in the recipient which means their results SUCK.

But... I know for sure you didn't get that many grafts as it was more likely anywhere between 1,400 - 1,800...

In any case, HASCI needs to quit dodging questions and quit answering them with total CRAP logic... they backpedaled on their regeneration claims by taking down the 85% figure from their website and they can only allow their patients to go in for THREE procedures. I smell a load of horsehockey.
    You overestimated the size of a hairline, hellouser. If I measure mine with a cord, it's about 16 cm. 2 cm lower, is then 32 cm2. With temples that then might be something like 50 cm2 ? I got 1600 grafts. 1600/50 = 32 grafts/cm2. HASCI graft being 1.3 hairs, so about 42 hair/cm2 as average, that might be correct although I think it's a bit higher in my case, probably just over 50 hairs/cm2 on average, so that would probably mean they indeed lowered it a bit less than 2 cm, maybe 1.5 cm then, that would seem to correlate with my previous numbers. I guesstimated that 2-3 cm, but it might be a bit lower indeed.

Either way, the result is way too thin, as always with HASCI. To lower the hairline 1.5 cm and fill up your temples, you will need to go twice to HASCI and have 1600 graft each time, while you could get better results with 1 FUE of say 2000 grafts.

You overestimated the size of a hairline, hellouser. If I measure mine with a cord, it's about 16 cm. 2 cm lower, is then 32 cm2. With temples that then might be something like 50 cm2 ? I got 1600 grafts. 1600/50 = 32 grafts/cm2. HASCI graft being 1.3 hairs, so about 42 hair/cm2 as average, that might be correct although I think it's a bit higher in my case, probably just over 50 hairs/cm2 on average, so that would probably mean they indeed lowered it a bit less than 2 cm, maybe 1.5 cm then, that would seem to correlate with my previous numbers. I guesstimated that 2-3 cm, but it might be a bit lower indeed.

Either way, the result is way too thin, as always with HASCI. To lower the hairline 1.5 cm and fill up your temples, you will need to go twice to HASCI and have 1600 graft each time, while you could get better results with 1 FUE of say 2000 grafts.
    16cm hairline could only be straight across from left, but I'm counting from left temple to right temple going around the entire 'M' pattern; so left temple up to left corner, back down to bottom of forelock, up to right corner and down to right temple.

Take a look at what I mean:

My hairline has the same patterns but its not as bad and going around it is about 25-30cm, so to lower it by 1cm at 35 grafts per cm/2, I'd need around 900 grafts. But that only lowers the hair-LINE, I still need to fill in those f**king corners, however they WOULD look condensed as the left and right side of the forelock would be wider as would the left and right temple be pinched inwards. That corner area then becomes probably around 2x2 or 3x3 centimetres in size at most per corner, so either 4cm/2+4cm/2 (covering both corners) or 9cm/2+9cm/2 for a required additional 8cm/2 or 18cm/2 area, therefor another another 280 grafts to 630 grafts are needed. So in all, 1,500 grafts would do WONDERS for hairline and temple recession at 35 grafts per cm/2.

If I go for Pilofocus, I'd like to get around 2,500 grafts, the extra 1,000 grafts I'd use to thicken up the entire thinning scalp and be pretty damn satisfied and be put out of my god damn misery with this f**king disease.

OK yeah I see what you mean, but I count it differently. They didnt implant anything below the green line anyway and since they filled up my temples, the hairline itself becomes much flatter than that pink line, it's actually much more similar to that green line. But of course when you count in that way, you will have more cm2 for the temples, if you get what I mean.

OK yeah I see what you mean, but I count it differently. They didnt implant anything below the green line anyway and since they filled up my temples, the hairline itself becomes much flatter than that pink line, it's actually much more similar to that green line. But of course when you count in that way, you will have more cm2 for the temples, if you get what I mean.
    Do you think my numbers are realistic? 900 grafts for the entire hairline at 1cm/2, 600 for temple corners and another 1,000 to densify everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Do you think my numbers are realistic? 900 grafts for the entire hairline at 1cm/2, 600 for temple corners and another 1,000 to densify everything else?
    It indeed depends on how you count things, but yes, to fill up the temples and get the whole hairline a cm lower (after filling up the temples), 1500 FUE (and not HST) grafts should be enough. And then adding another 800-1000 to make the rest more dense, yes that seems like a realistic scenario.

It indeed depends on how you count things, but yes, to fill up the temples and get the whole hairline a cm lower (after filling up the temples), 1500 FUE (and not HST) grafts should be enough. And then adding another 800-1000 to make the rest more dense, yes that seems like a realistic scenario.
    Thanks

@handyman

I am satisfied with my procedure, but im a much lower norwood and had all my grafts in a smaller area. However, if as you say you are nw5, one procedure is just a small step. You will need at least 2-3 to fill stuff up, and even there it will be far from full head of hair illusion.

Im going to be a nw5ish in 10-15 years like my dad, having identical hairloss pattern. I drew a plan of my area and extrapolated what i had with one procedure and estimated that i would need a total of 5-6 hsts to keep a good level of coverage.

Luckily there are people going on 3rd and 5th sessions soon on these forums that will give more insight on possibility of regen. That will help me plan my direction in the hairloss battle. Hopefully, in 10-15 years a definite solution will come out.

Check my thread for pics.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Luckily there are people going on 3rd and 5th sessions soon on these forums that will give more insight on possibility of regen.
    How ? People with very GOOD donor have about 80 grafts/cm2 (with 2.5 hairs), so they can offer 30 grafts/cm2 (with 2.5 hairs) and donor will look untouched. This means they can lose 30 * 200 cm = 6000 grafts. That equals 2.5/1.3 * 6000 = 11538 HST grafts. This means that if they go to HASCI for 1600 grafts each time, they can go 11538/1600 = 7.2x to HASCI and donor will still look untouched, WITHOUT ANY REGEN at all. So how does that prove anything at all ?

Again, the ONLY way to prove regen is with a 50 graft test and HASCI doesn't want to do that.