+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    BTW, what I would advise is to really think about a FUE instead of a HST. There are some wonderful doctors out there with great artistic skills. Recently I saw these 2 photo's of some clinic I wont name (I'm not here to represent hem) but you will find similar results from other good FUE surgeons:

http://postimg.org/image/edfg5bsxl/
    http://postimg.org/image/87u34jtlf/

Compare that to my result, LOL. Of course you will get micro scarring and it WILL be visible if you shave it down to less than 3 mm, but the trade-off here is that there are FUE surgens with MUCH better artistic skills than the people at HASCI plus you will get a lot more hair per surgery ! At this point, if I could do it over again, I would probably have gone to a top FUE surgeon instead of HASCI and just accept the micro scarring as a trade-off for a much nicer result.
    Thanks Arashi... Do you mind me asking what norwood scale you were at before you had the treatment? Do you have a before photo to compare? The reason I was avoiding FUE was because of scarring...I have very thin hair and my hair colour is blonde so any scarring at all will be noticeable I would imagine particularly as I plan on wearing it as a buzz cut...

I presume any FUE will have scarring?

Quote Originally Posted by HandyMan View Post
    I presume any FUE will have scarring?
    Correct. Even if minimal, its still there and will be noticeable if you shave down.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    I'd definitely opt for FUE over HST.

I'm still very unconvinced by HST. If donor regeneration was really occurring as they say then there would be guys with full heads of hair now, which there isn't.

There are some superb FUE surgeons out there who will give you an artistic look and try to minimise scarring (which should be very slight)

Just do research and due diligence, visit surgeons and clinics if possible and take your time when deciding

All the best
    Hi GarethBale... as I mentioned above the reason I was opting for HST was purely because it is scarless - not because of regeneration claims... I have very thin blonde hair and plan to always wear my hair as a buzz cut or at least very tight, so I presumed FUE was not an option because of scarring....I presume it would be visible given my hair type...

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Correct. Even if minimal, its still there and will be noticeable if you shave down.
    Yes so based on that..this is the reason I was opting for HST as I felt it was the only option for me? I would if Pilofocus was an option now...but would find it difficult to wait another year or two....

Yes so based on that..this is the reason I was opting for HST as I felt it was the only option for me? I would if Pilofocus was an option now...but would find it difficult to wait another year or two....
    Give it a year and keep an eye out on developments with Pilofocus. Essentially the method is already working however engineers are trying to perfect the device before it goes commercial. Shouldn't be long.

Would it be a bad idea to potentially mix HST and pilofocus? So get HST now and then in 12 months or so opt for pilofocus?

Would it be a bad idea to potentially mix HST and pilofocus? So get HST now and then in 12 months or so opt for pilofocus?
    Hmm.... I've never thought about it that way, but I think it entirely depends on the regeneration claim. I had plans on going with HASCI as well about a year or so ago, but with all the evidence showing little to no regeneration and craptacular results in the recipient area, I'd rather go with Pilofocus. I've been saving my pennies the entire time and have enough for an HST, but I'm NOT going in for a procedure... too much fudge from Dr. Gho.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Hmm.... I've never thought about it that way, but I think it entirely depends on the regeneration claim. I had plans on going with HASCI as well about a year or so ago, but with all the evidence showing little to no regeneration and craptacular results in the recipient area, I'd rather go with Pilofocus. I've been saving my pennies the entire time and have enough for an HST, but I'm NOT going in for a procedure... too much fudge from Dr. Gho.
    To be honest, I am really not too bothered about the regeneration aspect - I simply want scarless treatment.

With HASCI - for HST treatments ...are the results in the recipient area mostly poor? Or is it that certain surgeons are worse than others at creating a good aesthetic look?

To be honest, I am really not too bothered about the regeneration aspect - I simply want scarless treatment.

With HASCI - for HST treatments ...are the results in the recipient area mostly poor? Or is it that certain surgeons are worse than others at creating a good aesthetic look?
    Definitely a combination of both as we know that a surgeons expertise will play a role as well as HASCI's results often being poor.

Thanks Arashi... Do you mind me asking what norwood scale you were at before you had the treatment?
    Probably NW 2.5. If you look at the left of the photo (my right side) you clearly see my original hairline (much denser) along the temple. Basically they filled up my temples and lowered the hairline with about 2-3 cm.