Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SEKentuckian
    • Mar 2014

24Hair Piece Examples

I'm 25 with a very noticeable, quickly receding hairline.

I can't seem to find any un-bias/3rd party photo examples of modern affordable hair pieces. I'm thinking this is the right place to ask for some.

Can you guys help me out?

Edit: Ignore the 24 in the title. I wasn't paying attention.
    Last edited by SEKentuckian; 03-04-2014, 11:27 AM. Reason: Title was confusing.
  • SEKentuckian
    • Mar 2014

Thanks

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
      • Jun 2013

Yeah dude, it is hard to find hair system examples on this site. It's a shame because wearing a piece can be a good solution to hair loss. Also, there are a ton of guys on this site that are in the advanced stages of hair loss that are keeping their lives on hold waiting for a miracle cure that is 10 years away.

Comment

• SEKentuckian
        • Mar 2014

Well put. Thanks anyway.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Nov 2008

You are probably better visiting a local clinic that does hair systems. I have to say they are rough for young active guys. I have had patients tell me that the worry of people knowing your wearing a system is more stressful than the hair loss.
          Dr. Glenn Charles
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Jrw651
            • Feb 2013

Hey man, I am also 25 and have a very noticeable receding hairline... Just ordered a partial hairpiece to bring my receding hairline forward and make it appear thicker from Coolpiece... I hear they have a good reputation so I figured it was worth giving a try... I paid $250 for it and they apparently have a money guarantee if it doesn't work.. Will receive mine in April so it will hopefully do the trick

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
              • Jun 2013

If you are up to it you should post some before and after pics. I am interested in seeing how a good hair piece looks. Many people are turned off by wearing a piece. Most likely because we are use to seeing the bad ones.

Comment

• SEKentuckian
                • Mar 2014

Yes! A before and after would be great. As I mentioned in my first post-- there are no un-bias examples. I'm assuming if someone orders a piece and they love it, they have no desire to post pics online. If they hate it, same deal.

An honest testimonial from someone not associated with a hair piece company would be great.

Dr Glenn, I see how some may feel this way. However, I don't think I will mind if someone finds out. If I feel I look better, I will wear it. If I'm discovered and I'm not insecure about it, whomever discovered won't give it two thoughts.

Comment

• Jrw651
                  • Feb 2013

It was an honest testimonial bro.... Hair loss has been my obsession this past year+ since it started happening... Believe me, I am in no way paid to promote hair pieces by any means.... None of the drugs worked for me and I'm too young to get a HT... A piece is the way to go unless a cure miraculously comes out in the next few yrs for baldness....

Comment

• SEKentuckian
                    • Mar 2014

I knew you were being honest. I was just hoping for a testimonial after you receive your piece. I'll be waiting for that. Don't let me down!

Comment

• Jrw651
                      • Feb 2013

So after trying 2 front partial pieces from 2 different companies, I've concluded that hair systems do not work. They are extremely messy... I tried using tape, Got2bglue and glue... Nothing works... I looked like Marky Mark from the funky bunch in the 80's.... They take forever to clean to. Shit man I've tried everything, I can't accept going bald, I'm only 25. Why isn't there a cure... They can cure aids but they cant cure baldness.

Comment

• Jazz1
                        Inactive
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Jrw651
                        So after trying 2 front partial pieces from 2 different companies, I've concluded that hair systems do not work. They are extremely messy... I tried using tape, Got2bglue and glue... Nothing works... I looked like Marky Mark from the funky bunch in the 80's.... They take forever to clean to. Shit man I've tried everything, I can't accept going bald, I'm only 25. Why isn't there a cure... They can cure aids but they cant cure baldness.
                        Find a good company to do or fit it for you, I've seen them done in the uk by a company and they look suberb.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Jrw651
                          Damn, I was hoping this would work out for you.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
                            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                            • Nov 2008

It is frustrating for the doctors also because we would like to be able to help every patients, but some things are just not possible. I have said many times that " You would think that if they can clone a sheep they should be able to clone some hair follicles".
                            Dr. Glenn Charles
                            Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                            View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Jazz1
                              Inactive
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
                              It is frustrating for the doctors also because we would like to be able to help every patients, but some things are just not possible. I have said many times that " You would think that if they can clone a sheep they should be able to clone some hair follicles".
                              They can just they think,about long term TREATMENTS treat patients= more money, just like every Other drug.....

Comment

Working...