+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A Hypothetical Vehicle for CB-03-01 (Cortexolone 17-alpha-propionate)

Hey guys, so as promised here's a proposed vehicle for CB-03-01:

1) Ceteareth-20 (5%): is a penetration enhancer which alters the skin structure, allowing substances to penetrate deeper into the skin. It will help CB dissolve better and stay in the vehicle during storage.

2) Oleyl alcohol (10%): either of these will do as the solvent/emulsion stabiliser. I did a bit of reading on CB-03-01 properties and it seems to definitely be soluble in DMSO. DMSO is not a good solvent for long-term use and has had some possible deaths associated with its use! So after digging around a bit I thought either of these should be a decent replacement. Has anyone been able to dissolve CB in alcohol? Plz let me know asap...thx

3) Dimethicone 200 (5%): keeps the skin moist and improves absorption. A lot of topicals have this added to ensure optimal absorption.

4) Glyceryl monostearate (2%): should help CB dissolve in alcohol and will also act as a preservative.

5) Methyl Hydroxybenzoate (2%): is also a common preservative added. We wanna make sure these expensive batches have long enough shelf expiry.

6) Phenoxyethanol (2%): is also a preservative with bacteriostatic properties. It is generally combined with methyl hydroxybenzoate to provide a broad bacteriostatic protection againsts a range of microbes.

7) Propyl Hydroxybenzoate (2%): is another preservative used against fungal growth.

8) Stearyl alcohol (5%): this is not a must but may help with absorption.

9) Sodium hydroxide (2%): this is a chemical buffer to adjust the pH to around 5.5 (skin pH). This way our lotion wont sting when we apply it.

10) Emu oil (to 100mL): this is simply to increase absorption deep into the dermal layer! And is a great substitute for mineral oils which seems to be bad for hair

11) CB-03-01: (1-2%)

__________________________________________________ _____________

Preparation:

Step 1. Dissolve CB-03-01 in Oleyl alcohol.

Step 2. Add Ceteareth-20 and Stearyl alcohol. Stir until all powder is dissolved.

Step 3. Add the remaining ingredients.

__________________________________________________ _____________

That's pretty much it. If you guys have any feedback please let me know.

P.S. I removed some ingredients that I originally proposed since they were not necessary in this formulation.

Cheers

10% oleyl?! Oh man, that stuff burns like CRAZY and gets worse and worse with each application. I used it last year and shed more with every use but the itch and burning also ramped up. Not sure if I could handle it, I'd much rather use something else as a substitute.

You asked about CB dissolving in alcohol, and my CB from Kane dissolves perfectly fine in Everclear.

Thanks Desmond!

Nice! Seems logical and well-thought-out. Googling around, it seems like most of the ingredients are easy enough to buy online in small quantites. Hopefully some current CB users give this a try.

Thanks + See you in another life, brutha.

Desmond you test this vehicle on you?

Thanks desmond! let's try forwarding this to Kane so he can get it premixed or something, as it may take a bit to get all these ingredients together.

In the mean time anyone wanna get started and use this/track progress??

see if we can finally get a working vehicle for CB and whether or not it is as good or better than Finasteride

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Thanks desmond! let's try forwarding this to Kane so he can get it premixed or something, as it may take a bit to get all these ingredients together.

In the mean time anyone wanna get started and use this/track progress??

see if we can finally get a working vehicle for CB and whether or not it is as good or better than Finasteride
    We'd need a source list of all the items to buy online. We could do a group buy to bring down the costs if theyre outrageous but someone would have to divide it all and ship it out to everyone else.

I've got 5-6 grams of CB on me as well as oleyl, so I already have some of the items on hand to use... but as mentioned earlier, Oleyl is very greasy, EXTREMELY itchy and caused a lot of shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    We'd need a source list of all the items to buy online. We could do a group buy to bring down the costs if theyre outrageous but someone would have to divide it all and ship it out to everyone else.

I've got 5-6 grams of CB on me as well as oleyl, so I already have some of the items on hand to use... but as mentioned earlier, Oleyl is very greasy, EXTREMELY itchy and caused a lot of shedding.
    is it a necessary ingredient? maybe it can be substituted?

How much is CB alone, i hope this stuff isn't too outrageous cost wise.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    is it a necessary ingredient? maybe it can be substituted?

How much is CB alone, i hope this stuff isn't too outrageous cost wise.
    It's vital. You need a really good alcohol to penetrate through the skin for pretty much any topical solution. You could substitute it with DMSO or Ethanol, but its efficacy may be much worse.

CB from Kane costs about $200 per gram. If used at 1% (ie; 10mg per 1ml) you'll get 100 applications. So at once per day, you'll get a little over 3 months usage. Not too terrible... unless you up it to 2% or even more... than its going to burn a hole in your wallet.

This is probably a stupid question, but would the alcohol get into the bloodstream, and cause you to be drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but would the alcohol get into the bloodstream, and cause you to be drunk?
    Um... lets say it could; you'd need a LOT of it to get drunk. You'r only applying 1ml, and even then only a portion of it is actual alcohol. If you used oleyl at 10%, you'd only have about 0.1ml in a single 1ml topical application...

So... no, you're not going to get drunk.