+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I'm too young to get Bald!

Hello to all, I'm 22 years old and since 20 I have gained some big entries in my hair, lets say that given this scale (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nXjUdhm8Ua...-de-cabelo.gif) I'm type II, almost III. I've been researching the minoxidil 5% and i see it does their job. I've seen also where to buy these products and found this: http://biovea.com.pt/product_detail....OR-DE-DHT-59ml
    Has anyone used it and know if it's good? What are the pros and cons? Do you think that at my age it is worth starting this treatment? I might lose more hair later because of this? Thanks in advance!

Oh you're never too young to get bald. Some (a lot of us) of us started in their teens. You seem to think that you're alone, you're not.

My advice would be not to waste your time with unproven products.

Do some research about finasteride (even though I wouldn't recommend it) and minoxidil.

Hair loss veterans here know that everything else that's out there is a waste of time and money.

Starting treatments or not is up to you. Just know that once your hair loss gets worse, there's no going back, except with a hair transplant, but that's another subject.

Hey man that stuff says 5% minoxidil is the active ingredient. It's exactly the same thing as rogaine 5% or any generic minoxidil. It may work or you but its nothing special so if its way more expensive than rogaine just get rogaine. I buy my rogaine at Costco. I started using rogaine at 22 also you aren't too young so don't stay in that denial stage too long.

I'm thinking about starting Rogaine treatment, but about the side effects, is there any dangerous? I've seen lots of people saying it is unhealthy but i don't know in what to believe...

I think you have Rogaine confused with Propecia. Propecia is the one with the dangerous side effects. As far as I know Rogaine doesn't have any negative side effects. The op was asking about a treatment which has 5% minoxidil as the active ingredient. This is the active ingredient in Rogaine in the exact same amount. As for whether Propecia is dangerous or not I think there is plenty of info online for you to make an informed decision about whether or not you want to try it. I rolled the dice and I'm glad I did I just wish I had gotten on it sooner. I use generic proscar (same active ingredient as propecia but way way cheaper), Rogaine (name brand because there really isn't a huge cost savings between generic and name brand on that one), and Nizoral shampoo (which is supposed to help also). These 3 are really what you want to use. You might also look into RU54881 and Dutasteride. Anything else is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by amr View Post
    I'm thinking about starting Rogaine treatment, but about the side effects, is there any dangerous? I've seen lots of people saying it is unhealthy but i don't know in what to believe...
    Minoxidil (ingredient in Rogaine) can cause increased heart rate. Some people say it creates wrinkles in skin. One common side effect is shedding which can last for months.

If your hair is falling out you have to jump on something. At the very least start using minoxidil and do your homework on fin sides. If you can handle the potential for sides, then start using finasteride. If not, pray an alternative comes out before you lose too much hair to recover.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Welcome Amr,

As everyone here has been saying , do your research.
    Minoxidil was originally created to treat high blood pressure. That is when patients and the medical community noticed that it had a surprising side effect- hair growth.
    So in the mid 1990s Minoxidil was then re-approved as a LEGITIMATE hair loss treatment.
    If you have a regular GP ( a family doctor) then, along with doing your own due diligence in RESEARCHING, - get your doctor's professional opinion on its use.
    That is IF you are overly concerned about any side effects.
    That goes for Finasteride too.
    Keep this in mind Amr, both meds have been around for hair loss since the mid to late 1990s.
    If either one were extremely dangerous when it comes to side effects then we probably wouldnt be having this conversation today .
    Your doctor is quite aware on both medications CONTINUED usage to his/her patients.
    I personally asked my own doctor about Finasteride. I was surprised to learn that he has been prescribing Fin' to PLENTY of his patients for hair loss.
    He was very confident that I probably should NOT be concerned about sides AND that Fin' has had positive results for all of his patients, to varying degrees.
    Amr, you have come to the right place for any type of support or help in regards to hair loss .
    The best thing you can do for yourself is to NOT ever panic.
    If you have concerns and need advice , this is the place for it.
    Also, listen to Spencer Kobren's live show.
    It is also on podcast too.
    Thanks to Spencer Kobren we have had this type of hair loss forum.

Quote Originally Posted by amr View Post
    Hello to all, I'm 22 years old and since 20 I have gained some big entries in my hair, lets say that given this scale (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nXjUdhm8Ua...-de-cabelo.gif) I'm type II, almost III. I've been researching the minoxidil 5% and i see it does their job. I've seen also where to buy these products and found this: http://biovea.com.pt/product_detail....OR-DE-DHT-59ml
    Has anyone used it and know if it's good? What are the pros and cons? Do you think that at my age it is worth starting this treatment? I might lose more hair later because of this? Thanks in advance!

Your wasting your money on stuff that doesn't work and is unproven. I'm glad I listened to my GP, or I would have done the same. She recommenced Propecia. Go see your GP and have them prescript you generic Proscar. Insurance covers it and it will only cost around 10 dollars. A thirty day supply will last you 4 months since you will be cutting the pills into quarters. Good luck!

Thank you all for your replys!
    So, no dangerous side effects for Rogaine? I've also read that Rogaine (or any Minox) did not work for receading hairlines, is this true? I think my case is receading hairline, but here are some pics of how my head looks like:
    https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/56...0/546/4py0.jpg
    https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/35...0/577/j0vk.jpg
    https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/36...0/706/3l6w.jpg
    My hair in these pics is dry, so it looks like more bulky.
    One again, thank you all for your help!