+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia 7 months

Hi everyone. So im new to the forum but been browsing for a while now. I figured id explain my current hair loss regimen and the story of the last year and see what peoples opinions are for my chances.

Basically my hair thinned quite a bit over the last 2 years after not being able to afford propecia for a while and having to stop. I started taking it again here about 6.5 months now and ive also been taking minox for about 9 months but only started taking it twice a day 4 months ago.

I noticed my hair looked a bit better after the 3rd month on fin (propecia) but recently ive become a bit more worried. Lately my hair has been itching in the areas ive been applying the minox (but mostly just in the shower under hot water). The itching also only seems to persist if i start itching it to begin with. I also noticed I was shedding more weak thinned hairs around that time when I would actually rub my hair (i usually keep my hair very short). I also think my hair looks a bit worse too.

My question is has anyone ever heard or experienced of late sheds from minox (4 months) or fin (about 7 months) like this? I didnt really notice alot of shedding early on from fin and this really didnt seem to happen until I ramped up the minox to twice a day. Im not very hopeful at this point that things will get better but im hoping for something good to happen late. Im def thinking a HT is my only hope to really improve things cosmetically at this point.

I posted pics in January when I was on fin for 6 months, and minoxidil for 7 months. At that point I made some pretty good improvement. Two months later and I have taken some steps backward. I am a bit pissed and discouraged at the moment, but I plan on sticking with at least through the end of this year.

We just have to fight through these ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I posted pics in January when I was on fin for 6 months, and minoxidil for 7 months. At that point I made some pretty good improvement. Two months later and I have taken some steps backward. I am a bit pissed and discouraged at the moment, but I plan on sticking with at least through the end of this year.

We just have to fight through these ups and downs.
    These drugs are weird man. Same thing happened to me. I got on dut 0.5mg a day and got really good thickening in month 1-3, then in month 4 the improvement stopped and kinda went back a bit because alopecia areata started attacking in little dime and quarter sized spots on the top and hairline. Some hairs that were thickened by dut/minoxidil, were thinned badly by aa.

However it is not worth coming off the drugs. I suggest you stay on it for good, until something better comes out. I am better than baseline, but nowhere near where I want to be. Make no mistake, you get off the drugs, you lose it all. You'll realize what the drugs were doing for your mpb after you get off them.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    However it is not worth coming off the drugs. I suggest you stay on it for good, until something better comes out. I am better than baseline, but nowhere near where I want to be. Make no mistake, you get off the drugs, you lose it all. You'll realize what the drugs were doing for your mpb after you get off them.
    Yeah you are right. Although I am disappointed, my hair is better than baseline. At the very least I'd like to keep what I gained. Hopefully things improve in the coming months and don't get any worse.