+ Reply to Thread

Default At a complete loss, should i start fin now or wait until i'm 18 in 10 months?

My hair has been thinning out noticabily ontop now for a few months and it's freaking me the **** out. Should i try to get a scrip as soon as possible or do you think it would be safer to wait a few months? I feel like if i wait 10 more months my beard might fill in a bit more but i really dont want to lose anymore hair. wHAT WOUld you do? I'm 17, almost a NW3

What does your beard have to do with anything?

Also, being exactly 18 isn't the issue.

Physically developing is - not facial hair?

Like, if I started fin at 18, I was about 40lbs and 4 inches shorter at that point than 21-22. However, I definitely started losing before 18, just didn't notice.

I have read that dht is responsible for beard development so i was thinking that blocking DHT might affect beard development? I dont know if thats the case. I'm pretty physically mature though, i have fully developed chest/stomach hair and hair on my back etc but I'm not sure if i should wait until i'm 18 or try getting on Fin as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by iH8d0ugh View Post
    I have read that dht is responsible for beard development so i was thinking that blocking DHT might affect beard development? I dont know if thats the case. I'm pretty physically mature though, i have fully developed chest/stomach hair and hair on my back etc but I'm not sure if i should wait until i'm 18 or try getting on Fin as soon as possible
    See a doctor, they should be able to give you a good judgement.

I had basically no beard when I started fin, and within about 3 months of starting fin I began growing hair along the sides of my chin and sideburns, and more all over.

No idea if that has anything to do with fin, or if fin prevented even more from growing, but I'd rather it grow on my hairline.

Hey man personally I would highly recommend starting finasteride immediately. I seriously regret not starting sooner than I did, and it won't take you much searching online to see that there are tons of dudes who made that same mistake and are in the same boat I'm in because of waiting too long.

If you are concerned about the beard - my beard filled in greatly once I started using rogaine. I started rogaine before I started using finasteride, but I only used it on the crown because I have both hairloss at the crown and hairline and the box says to only use it for the crown. I used basically a combover for the hairline which I still do, but now that I'm on fin the receding hairline hasn't gotten worse. It hasn't improved much if any either, which is why I recommend you start on it immediately. Anyways I put rogaine on the crown only, not on the face, and my beard filled in something crazy. Also, women who use rogaine commonly grow facial hair as a side effect, and you know they are not putting it on their faces!

And another thing, from what I have noticed, most girls don't even like facial hair. It's definitely a preference thing but I think most girls would rather you shave your face even if you can grow a great beard.

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    See a doctor, they should be able to give you a good judgement.

I had basically no beard when I started fin, and within about 3 months of starting fin I began growing hair along the sides of my chin and sideburns, and more all over.

No idea if that has anything to do with fin, or if fin prevented even more from growing, but I'd rather it grow on my hairline.
    Thats great to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Hey man personally I would highly recommend starting finasteride immediately. I seriously regret not starting sooner than I did, and it won't take you much searching online to see that there are tons of dudes who made that same mistake and are in the same boat I'm in because of waiting too long.

If you are concerned about the beard - my beard filled in greatly once I started using rogaine. I started rogaine before I started using finasteride, but I only used it on the crown because I have both hairloss at the crown and hairline and the box says to only use it for the crown. I used basically a combover for the hairline which I still do, but now that I'm on fin the receding hairline hasn't gotten worse. It hasn't improved much if any either, which is why I recommend you start on it immediately. Anyways I put rogaine on the crown only, not on the face, and my beard filled in something crazy. Also, women who use rogaine commonly grow facial hair as a side effect, and you know they are not putting it on their faces!

And another thing, from what I have noticed, most girls don't even like facial hair. It's definitely a preference thing but I think most girls would rather you shave your face even if you can grow a great beard.
    Thanks for the reply and your opinion. I'm going to try getting a Fin script as soon as i can!