Gaz when are you going for your next procedure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c5000
    • Oct 2011

Gaz when are you going for your next procedure?

Hi Gaz

Just wondered if you have booked in for your next procedure yet?

I've booked in for my 3rd procedure in December.

Will this be your 4th or your 5th? I forget.

All the debate about regeneration aside, your result really is great and really does show what Hasci can do with multiple procedures.
  • gc83uk
    • Nov 2011

Hi mate, I was planning on going in May, however I've not booked anything yet and I honestly don't know how booked up they are. I'm considering seeing if they have anything last minute. Anyone know how busy they are at the London clinic?

I've got a baby coming in about 2 weeks and wedding a few months time, so it's almost no time to think about hair. I still want to go back for more though, don't get me wrong.

And yea it would be my 5th

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gc83uk
      Hi mate, I was planning on going in May, however I've not booked anything yet and I honestly don't know how booked up they are. I'm considering seeing if they have anything last minute. Anyone know how busy they are at the London clinic?

I've got a baby coming in about 2 weeks and wedding a few months time, so it's almost no time to think about hair. I still want to go back for more though, don't get me wrong.

And yea it would be my 5th
      You know, in the end it doesnt matter what others think of how your donor looks. If YOU think you can go another time, then you should do it ! But then again, it also can't hurt to at least measure your own donor density right now (like you did before, with a cut out square cm2), so you can at least see what it translates to in numbers. I just mean that as a well meant advise, you seem like a very nice guy and it would be sad if you would have regrets later on. And then again, maybe I underestimated your donor density and it's still above that 125 hairs/cm2, that's also possible too !

All the best with your baby, what a great news Gaz, congrats already

Comment

• gc83uk
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Arashi
        You know, in the end it doesnt matter what others think of how your donor looks. If YOU think you can go another time, then you should do it ! But then again, it also can't hurt to at least measure your own donor density right now (like you did before, with a cut out square cm2), so you can at least see what it translates to in numbers. I just mean that as a well meant advise, you seem like a very nice guy and it would be sad if you would have regrets later on. And then again, maybe I underestimated your donor density and it's still above that 125 hairs/cm2, that's also possible too !

All the best with your baby, what a great news Gaz, congrats already
        No no, it's good advice, I will do it, however I can't find the bloody tape measure lol. I'll have a look around later for it. And thanks, slightly concerned at the lack of sleep I'll probably be getting, but hopefully she'll sleep well.

Comment

• c5000
          • Oct 2011

Great news about the baby Gaz, congratulations.

Do you think you could put up some recent photos of your recipient? I'm eager to see how it looks after a few months of growth.

Comment

• gc83uk
            • Nov 2011

Here you go mate, the hair is longer than I normally wear it in these photos, but gives you an idea of where I'm up to at the moment.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by gc83uk
              Here you go mate, the hair is longer than I normally wear it in these photos, but gives you an idea of where I'm up to at the moment.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jimgi5qv4i1pc4s/xxystmrzN4
              Impressive results, forelock and temples definitely look much thicker than crown, but the crown seems to have a lot of single hair grafts.

Comment

• cocacola
                • Feb 2013

Wow!

Comment

• caddarik79
                  • Feb 2013

that's a great result!!!! one or two more HST and you are done for good ;-)

If I were you, I would not waste grafts for the scar, it's fine at that lenght, I would keep grafts for top, to achieve the maximal optimum achievable density... but you already look good.

so now, it's only luxury extra density... am sure that with another 2 sessions, you will be able to grow them 3 cm and style it a bit.

Comment

• cocacola
                    • Feb 2013

Gaz this is an incredible transformation. We are very happy for you. Do you have any comments on the state of the donor area, because some guys make really bold claims about your donor being "depleted". Personally i am unable to spot differences, because the conditions of your pics are very different. However, you must have a much better idea about what is happening with your donor.

Comment

• c5000
                      • Oct 2011

That looks brilliant Gaz, really impressive.

This is only 4600 grafts? Is that right?

I've had 2800 so far, so makes me think that after my next procedure (4200 grafts), I should hopefully have as good a result as yours (or almost) and then after that it will just be topping up the density with subsequent procedures.

How do you feel about the aesthetics of your hair so far? Are you happy with all the angles etc?

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cocacola
                        Gaz this is an incredible transformation. We are very happy for you. Do you have any comments on the state of the donor area, because some guys make really bold claims about your donor being "depleted". Personally i am unable to spot differences, because the conditions of your pics are very different. However, you must have a much better idea about what is happening with your donor.
                        This topic at least shows that donor depletion exists only in the eye of the beholder. Obviously it's subjective how a donor looks. Maybe a question should be "If there was a cure right now and I could get unlimited hair, would I want more for my donor" ? If so, your donor looks thin to you, if not, you're still good.

Personally I think Gaz has just hit it. I think his average density is now at or slightly below that 125 hairs/cm2. I might be wrong of course, that's why I'm hoping Gaz will find the time to run that small test but I understand it are busy days for him

Anyway of course I agree with everybody else, you should be very happy Gaz, if you would put the before picture next to the after picture ... HUGE improvement !!

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by c5000
                          How do you feel about the aesthetics of your hair so far? Are you happy with all the angles etc?
                          Interesting question. One could argue that 'all the angles are wrong again' and there's a big difference between the natural angles and the new hair. However in this case I personally wouldn't mind that much. I think that this 'randomness' of angles might actually kind of look the result slightly denser. What do you think c5000 ?

Comment

• c5000
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Arashi
                            Interesting question. One could argue that 'all the angles are wrong again' and there's a big difference between the natural angles and the new hair. However in this case I personally wouldn't mind that much. I think that this 'randomness' of angles might actually kind of look the result slightly denser. What do you think c5000 ?
                            I'm not an expert on hair transplant aesthetics, in all honesty I've been kind of clouded by regeneration rates and graft numbers etc, I never really thought about aesthetics until you had mentioned you were unhappy with yours.

What I will say is that I think Gaz's recipient looks very natural to me and people who don't care about hair transplants wouldn't even know Gaz has had one... Even people who do care about hair transplants wouldn't notice in my opinion.

What about you? What do you think?

Comment

• Arashi
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by c5000
                              I'm not an expert on hair transplant aesthetics, in all honesty I've been kind of clouded by regeneration rates and graft numbers etc, I never really thought about aesthetics until you had mentioned you were unhappy with yours.

What I will say is that I think Gaz's recipient looks very natural to me and people who don't care about hair transplants wouldn't even know Gaz has had one... Even people who do care about hair transplants wouldn't notice in my opinion.

What about you? What do you think?
                              Well I do think it's really easy to spot: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jimgi5qv4...307_154511.jpg

The hair in front, which consists mainly of natural hair (I think some were implanted here too ?) is directed from the back to the front. Just behind that is the implanted area and the angles there are 'all over the place', basically in all directions. For an 'expert' eye (somebody who knows about hair transplants) this would be very easy to spot. But I dont know if HT noobs (the general public) would spot it. Nobody said ever anything about mine for example, while for me it's very visible, so I guess not.

But again, in this case I wouldnt mind that much ! I think on thinner area's it can even make density look slightly better that way, so that's a nice trade-off to have in that case

Comment

Working...