+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

That looks brilliant Gaz, really impressive.

This is only 4600 grafts? Is that right?

I've had 2800 so far, so makes me think that after my next procedure (4200 grafts), I should hopefully have as good a result as yours (or almost) and then after that it will just be topping up the density with subsequent procedures.

How do you feel about the aesthetics of your hair so far? Are you happy with all the angles etc?

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Gaz this is an incredible transformation. We are very happy for you. Do you have any comments on the state of the donor area, because some guys make really bold claims about your donor being "depleted". Personally i am unable to spot differences, because the conditions of your pics are very different. However, you must have a much better idea about what is happening with your donor.
    This topic at least shows that donor depletion exists only in the eye of the beholder. Obviously it's subjective how a donor looks. Maybe a question should be "If there was a cure right now and I could get unlimited hair, would I want more for my donor" ? If so, your donor looks thin to you, if not, you're still good.

Personally I think Gaz has just hit it. I think his average density is now at or slightly below that 125 hairs/cm2. I might be wrong of course, that's why I'm hoping Gaz will find the time to run that small test but I understand it are busy days for him

Anyway of course I agree with everybody else, you should be very happy Gaz, if you would put the before picture next to the after picture ... HUGE improvement !!

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    How do you feel about the aesthetics of your hair so far? Are you happy with all the angles etc?
    Interesting question. One could argue that 'all the angles are wrong again' and there's a big difference between the natural angles and the new hair. However in this case I personally wouldn't mind that much. I think that this 'randomness' of angles might actually kind of look the result slightly denser. What do you think c5000 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Interesting question. One could argue that 'all the angles are wrong again' and there's a big difference between the natural angles and the new hair. However in this case I personally wouldn't mind that much. I think that this 'randomness' of angles might actually kind of look the result slightly denser. What do you think c5000 ?
    I'm not an expert on hair transplant aesthetics, in all honesty I've been kind of clouded by regeneration rates and graft numbers etc, I never really thought about aesthetics until you had mentioned you were unhappy with yours.

What I will say is that I think Gaz's recipient looks very natural to me and people who don't care about hair transplants wouldn't even know Gaz has had one... Even people who do care about hair transplants wouldn't notice in my opinion.

What about you? What do you think?

I'm not an expert on hair transplant aesthetics, in all honesty I've been kind of clouded by regeneration rates and graft numbers etc, I never really thought about aesthetics until you had mentioned you were unhappy with yours.

What I will say is that I think Gaz's recipient looks very natural to me and people who don't care about hair transplants wouldn't even know Gaz has had one... Even people who do care about hair transplants wouldn't notice in my opinion.

What about you? What do you think?
    Well I do think it's really easy to spot: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jimgi5qv4...307_154511.jpg

The hair in front, which consists mainly of natural hair (I think some were implanted here too ?) is directed from the back to the front. Just behind that is the implanted area and the angles there are 'all over the place', basically in all directions. For an 'expert' eye (somebody who knows about hair transplants) this would be very easy to spot. But I dont know if HT noobs (the general public) would spot it. Nobody said ever anything about mine for example, while for me it's very visible, so I guess not.

But again, in this case I wouldnt mind that much ! I think on thinner area's it can even make density look slightly better that way, so that's a nice trade-off to have in that case

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Well I do think it's really easy to spot: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jimgi5qv4...307_154511.jpg

The hair in front, which consists mainly of natural hair (I think some were implanted here too ?) is directed from the back to the front. Just behind that is the implanted area and the angles there are 'all over the place', basically in all directions. For an 'expert' eye (somebody who knows about hair transplants) this would be very easy to spot. But I dont know if HT noobs (the general public) would spot it. Nobody said ever anything about mine for example, while for me it's very visible, so I guess not.

But again, in this case I wouldnt mind that much ! I think on thinner area's it can even make density look slightly better that way, so that's a nice trade-off to have in that case
    Yeah, I see what you are saying. But like you say, it will make it look thicker.

Are hairs on the scalp naturally uniforn?

Are hairs on the scalp naturally uniforn?
    For people with flat hair most of the time yes. Some people have a natural crown in their hairline for example, but I yet have to meet someone who's actually happy with that little joke of nature But yeah normally it's uniform (moving away from the crown)

Another problem nobody mentions with gcs result it that it looks too thin under normal sunlight, even fue/fut look some kind of see-thru, hst is worse by almost 50%.

That in itself will cause transplant to look unnautural

Quote Originally Posted by ss1980 View Post
    Another problem nobody mentions with gcs result it that it looks too thin under normal sunlight, even fue/fut look some kind of see-thru, hst is worse by almost 50%.

That in itself will cause transplant to look unnautural
    It's (very) thin but of course that's what one can expect with a hair transplant for such a big area. But if you compare before to after, then it's a HUGE improvement ! Of course it's not perfect but it's what we currently have to live with. It would be the same with FUE, only difference is that with FUE he'd be done with 1-2 procedures whereas he needed to go 4x to HASCI so far. And of course, again, it's scarless.

Correct me if I am wrong but Gaz has about 50 HST grafts per cm square, which translates
    to roughly 25-30 FUT grafts, normal density is about 85 fu per square cm so the rest of his head(back and sides) has 85 fu per cm2.

Looking at those numbers I can tell you that its way too thin to look ok under normal daylight, it can look like hairtransplant or someone who is thinning