+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Default Final Days: Chinese Scientists Have Solved the DP Culturing Problem! (2014)

Hi Guys,

The scientists @ Nanfang Hospital of Southern Medical University in China just published this article. They confirmed that the expression of several genes and proteins associated with hair follicle inductivity of DP cells, such as NCAM, Versican and α-SMA were maintained using this 3D Matrigel Culturing Method.

THREE DIFFERENT TEAMS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD HAVE MANAGED TO CRACK THIS ISSUE IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS Jahoda/Christiano, Taiwan Uni & Now the Chinese. We are so close Here's the abstract:

Controllable production of transplantable adult human high-passage dermal papilla spheroids using 3D Matrigel culture

We have succeeded in culturing human dermal papilla (DP) cells spheroids and developed a three-dimensional Matrigel (basement membrane matrix) culture technique that can enhance and restores DP cells unique characteristics in vitro.

When 10000 DP cells were cultured on the 96 well plates pre-coated with Matrigel for 5 days, both passage 2 and passage 8 DP cells formed spheroidal microtissues with a diameter of 150-250 μm in an aggregative and proliferative manner. We transferred and re-cultured these DP spheroids onto commercial plates. Cells within DP spheres could disaggregate and migrate out, which was similar to primary DP. Moreover, we examined the expression of several genes and proteins associated with hair follicle inductivity of DP cells, such as NCAM, Versican and α-SMA, and confirmed that their expression level was elevated in the spheres compared with the dissociated DP cells. To examine hair-inducing ability of DP spheres, hair germinal matrix cells and DP spheres were mixed and cultured on Matrigel. Unlike the dissociated DP cells and hair germinal matrix cells co-cultured in two dimensions, hair germinal matrix cells can differentiate into hair-like fibers under the induction of the DP spheres made from the high passage cells (passage 8) in vitro.

We are the first to show that passage 3 human hair germinal matrix cells differentiate into hair-like fiber in the presence of human DP spheroids.

These results suggest that three-dimensional Matrigel culture technique is an ideal culture model for forming DP spheroids and that sphere formation partially models the intact DP, resulting in hair induction, even by high passage DP cells.

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs....TEA.2013.0547

__________________________________________________ _______________

My brothers are getting the article for me Once I read it I'll update you guys

Now for the agonizing part of clinical trials! Let's hope some biotech can do them in Japan, no way in hell should they be done in USA with the FDA's tortured process.

Thanks Desmond!

Correct me if I'm wrong but they did not expand the DP cells in culture. Expanding them is the key isn't it?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

So hairloss is solved, at least at the theoretical level !?!?! Wow that's some news Desmond, you made my day Now they need to test it on humans to confirm it

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but they did not expand the DP cells in culture. Expanding them is the key isn't it?
    expansion could be done with the conversational methods in 2d culture. with fbs/bio/bmp. or just fgf/bmp. to retain the instinctive properties back again, the cells can be aggregated by one oth the methods (allot options here and matrigel is one of them).

It is now time to test these protocols( aggregation with epithelial cells ) properly in a controlled matter. ASAP.

Hey Desmond, So this is basically in your opinion, whats needed for them to begin to create a treatment form? So in reality this, even if the last hurdle, its still realistically about 10 years from creating a treatment.

companies would begin to use this and then start trying to go about new treatments with proof of concept etc. a few years for that and then at least 5 years for trials in Asia(more like 10) in North America.

A) Does this new progress help any of our current companies like histogen, follica, replicel?

B) If it doesnt help our current hopes lets hope theres a company ready and willing to immediately start using these new breakthroughs towards researching a HL treatment. There might not be any companies ready financially to utilize this new information.

Sounds like good news but Im not believing the cure is just around this corner. Follicas 2008 killed that naive part of me.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    Sounds like good news
    LOL, that's some understatement. This is the best news we've EVER had man.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    A) Does this new progress help any of our current companies like histogen, follica, replicel?
    I believe this wont help any of the current biotechs unless they wish to take a new direction with the new finding and RESTART their clinical trials, thus prolonging the process AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldy View Post
    expansion could be done with the conversational methods in 2d culture. with fbs/bio/bmp. or just fgf/bmp. to retain the instinctive properties back again, the cells can be aggregated by one oth the methods (allot options here and matrigel is one of them).

It is now time to test these protocols( aggregation with epithelial cells ) properly in a controlled matter. ASAP.
    Again, I haven't studied this procedure much so correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like they just took DP cells and made them spheroidal, compared the genetic structure, and confirmed. They did not expand -> spheroid -> confirm. How do we know expanding them won't "dilute" them in some way.

Heres to hoping we will.have a solid maintenance/regrowth solution in the next 6 years. I just rolled the dice and got an FUT (After a poor density FUE) taking me back to a norwood 2. I've had to do what I've held out on for the past 7 years and jump on fin/minox aswell.

Seriously risky lol. Keep the good news coming though.