Threaded View

Default Need some help..

To start, I've been on 1.25mg fin (cutting 5mg 1/4th), 5% foam minox for hairline 2x daily, and 1% keto regenpure DR 2x weekly for.. 7 months now.

I'm having an extremely hard time lately because any improvements that I thought were happening seem to be shedding completely off my scalp in the last month. Like it's just falling and falling with no visible stop in sight.. I'm pretty sure it's cosmetically significant at this point, with my hair becoming even more and more annoying in trying to conceal my thin hairline. I'm writing this right now because I literally just decided to skip class and take a shower again because my hair was completely ridiculous looking after I attempted to style it just now.. I grew my hair out pretty long relative to my usual length of about 1-2 inches on top, which seems to be helping my conceal my hairline. Also, I have a pretty decent sized forehead.

I really would like to buzz it off but I'm very scared of what my hairline might look like with a short cut on top (I'd probably start with cutting it a little longer than an #8 on top to see what it looks like then progress from there)..

A problem is that I still can't come to terms with the fact that my hair is going going going, and I haven't been able to do this for almost a year now. Another problem is I recently started dating someone and I'm afraid how they could react, because I wouldn't say my hairloss is that obvious with my hair currently. Not that I feel like I wouldn't ever be able to find another person or anything, but obviously I'm concerned about how that would effect everything. Which is another problem - I'm completely obsessed with how my hair looks and covering up any traces of my hairloss. It's totally consuming my entire existence and causing me to exhibit some pretty tell-tale signs of depression. Obviously I know that nothing really will magically make my hair appear again, and cutting it off probably will make me trade convenience for appearance, and I can't grow a beard or anything to offset that because I'm just super folicularly challenge. I definitely notice hairloss ever since a few years ago when looking at pictures, but I never really noticed it then and it didn't bother me then.

I guess part of this is that I need a venue to express what I am feeling like right now, but I really would appreciate some advice.. It's gotten to the point where I really, really need to deal with this before it drives me completely and utterly insane. I almost never had self-confidence issues before this last year or so since I noticed the loss, and I really don't want to be like this anymore... Not that I was some beaming ray of sunshine and a beacon of hope for the world before, but you get the point. I was pretty happy with how I looked and who I was.. But I'm also not sure if I have the confidence to just say "f*** what anyone thinks"...

Thanks