+ Reply to Thread

Default Any Fin users who made the switch to Dut?

Hey all,

I've been on Fin for 8 months now, starting on 0.25mg daily for the first 4 months and 0.5mg daily for the last 4 months.

Within 2 months of using 0.25mg daily I had hairline regrowth so I was hopeful that I'd get even more regrowth on my crown/vertex in time to come. However even though it's still only 8 months in I haven't had any/much improvement on the top of my head, and I'm considering switching to Dut... though it would have to be a generic version (Dutas, Dutagen, Duprost etc) as Avodart is too god damn expensive.

I'd like to know if there's any members on here who were on Fin and made the switch to Dut. Did it improve anything? Are the sides worse on Dut than they are on Fin? I've had no sides from fin apart from a little ball ache for the first few weeks. Lol.

Would like to hear experiences of anyone who's made the switch. Thanks!

I was on fin for 5 months and had no sides so switched to dut, and also have no sides. For me I started fin and minox at the same time and did experience an increase in thickness and darkness to my hair, but my hairline continued to be decimated. Im figuring my experience on dut should be the same with hopefully a higher chance of slowing down my recession and a small boost in thickness. Only been 2 months so far but I'll post on here after 6 months for an update.

I made the switch, but I recently switched back and am seeing what happens.

No sides, if anything there was less (Less watery semen)... However, after a year my hair was worse than when I started! It may be because my hair loss is aggressive .. just waiting to see the results of the switch back to propecia .. (Although i am still taking my remaining dut pills once a week instead of every day).

0.5mg if you were wondering, and I was 21 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DanWS View Post
    Hey all,

I've been on Fin for 8 months now, starting on 0.25mg daily for the first 4 months and 0.5mg daily for the last 4 months.

Within 2 months of using 0.25mg daily I had hairline regrowth so I was hopeful that I'd get even more regrowth on my crown/vertex in time to come. However even though it's still only 8 months in I haven't had any/much improvement on the top of my head, and I'm considering switching to Dut... though it would have to be a generic version (Dutas, Dutagen, Duprost etc) as Avodart is too god damn expensive.

I'd like to know if there's any members on here who were on Fin and made the switch to Dut. Did it improve anything? Are the sides worse on Dut than they are on Fin? I've had no sides from fin apart from a little ball ache for the first few weeks. Lol.

Would like to hear experiences of anyone who's made the switch. Thanks!

Have been on fin since about Sept 2012. The only negative side effect I got was watery semen.

Because I have had a major shed over the past 5 months or so, I went onto dut about 5 weeks ago, taking 0.5mg twice a week (monday and friday) and 1.25mg fin on the days in between. I haven't noticed any negative side effects. I noticed a bit of an increase in libido. Not sure if it has made any difference to my hair because my hair is too short at the moment to notice if I still have hair falling out or not.