+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Ok. Well I shouldnt have this discussion with you, but with Ironman, he still believes in 80%
    Well Ironman will just say that the 80% includes failed and that's why he believes Hasci can get away with that claim because technically as dirty as it sounds, there is 80% regeneration of some form.

Answer me about that measuring your donor area, I'd like to do mine but just wanna get my head around it first. I doubt I had more than 20,000 hairs in my safe zone before starting HST, but just guessing. I had about 1000 (over 2 procedures) FUT years back which has eaten into my supply.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Well Ironman will just say that the 80% includes failed and that's why he believes Hasci can get away with that claim because technically as dirty as it sounds, there is 80% regeneration of some form.
    Hehe. If that's regeneration then he should go to the barber, he'll get 100% 'regeneration' there, exactly by that same definition. That's not regeration, that's just cut off hair growing back.

Answer me about that measuring your donor area, I'd like to do mine but just wanna get my head around it first. I doubt I had more than 20,000 hairs in my safe zone before starting HST, but just guessing. I had about 1000 (over 2 procedures) FUT years back which has eaten into my supply.
    It's a bit difficult to do it accurately but what I did is take a cord and put it from below the temple to the other part around your head (the area where a NW7 still has hair). Then use that same cord again to measure the depth of the sides and the back (the part below the crown till your neck) and you can come to a number. It wont be 100% accurate of course this way but I guess it's within a 10-20% range at least.

I'm not taking it personal, however when I'm stating facts and then people continue to say that FUE is just as good etc, then I'm wasting my time here. Makes it pointless. FUE is not scarless and will always result in a net loss of hair, probably around 20%.
    ... and remains CORRECT.

The following pic is a just scanned snippet from a out-of-print (and therefore high traded) medical textbook from THE inventor of "FUE", who published his findings and first hand experiences with this technique (by using the typical 1mm FUE punch for extractions) in 1996 ("Androgenetic Alopecia: Modern Concepts of Pathogenesis and Treatment"):

Around 15 years after Dr. Inaba's "FUE" publication (he called the technique either simply "Inaba Method" or more specific "Inaba's single hair graft or micrograft transplantation"):

"or so" remains correct: typically around 80% yield with FUE.
    Concerning that "FUT provides a better yield" - that's, in fact, just a myth, because simply as with Dr. Inaba's comment (see 1st pic above) "Although no accurate data have been obtained on the rate of regrowth..." - still the same for FUT: no accurate date for "FUT provides a better yield" claims after more than 20 years FUT (follicular unit transplantation) - period.

There is even contradictory information from different people at Hasci. For example Gho claimed to skywalker (i think that's his ID) in the London office for a consultation, that sometimes the hair in the donor can regrow back twisted and make it difficult to successfully extract the same graft in future procedures, whereas his colleague (I don't know which colleague) seemed puzzled about this comment from Gho and disagreed or claimed not to have seen that.
    This is broadly but not quite wholly correct, what Dr Gho said to me and one of his colleagues was that they generally grow back twisted after an extraction and so a second pass ON AVERAGE was a bit more difficult. This meant that ON AVERAGE the yield would be compromised a bit on the second pass - but not massively so.
    His female colleague (who was in charge of my consultation) seemed a little nonplussed by this but said nothing the whole time and certainly didn't contradict him.

My 2 cents worth are that judging by the good work done here by you guys:

(i) There is some regeneration and the total number of hairs does increase on the head with HST - but it is nothing like 80% (more like 10-20% perhaps ?).

(ii) You get a poor 'bang for your buck' with HST in the recipient area.

(iii) It is close to scarless in the donor area and the least invasive "FUE-Type" procedure on the market.

Of course I could be wrong on these points - although the fact that Dr Gho will not do a 50 graft procedure for the 3,000 Euros that Arashi offered blows out my excuse for Dr Gho that perhaps he wouldn't do it for cost reasons.

In other words I think cost was perhaps a reason in my case but maybe isn't the only reason generally that he won't do it. I suspect now that Dr Gho doesn't want to do it because he is not confident he will get 80% regeneration - maybe there is another reason but I cannot think of a reasonable one...

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

- maybe there is another reason but I cannot think of a reasonable one...
    Besides thousands of other reasons:

ALL chairs in their clinics are fully booked out every day = no need for any useless stress; especially with a guy whose follicle configurations simply do not allow ideal HST extractions.

btw - did you guys know that just ...

"approximately 60% of patients are candidates" (see section "Conclusion") for traditional FUE procedures?
    Sure, if some FUE doctors claim today that "practically every patient is suitable for FUE procedures", that just means that, of course, they are always able to cut out "something" from a given donor area.

Anyway, if just around 60% of patients are "suitable" for traditional FUE procedures even with the usage of a 1 mm punch (!! - see link/study above) - I think you guys can imagine that, in fact, this percentage dramatically decreases with HST. Or simply try to imagine a so-called "FOX test" for HST ...
    They also say that "everybody can be a HST patient" - because they also know that they are always able to extract "something" from a patients donor.