+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Hey Guys I got an email response from him.

I asked essentially is the title of the presentation hinting at growing follicles with correct cosmetic features, his reply was:

''The work is a continuation of that described in the following paper:

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/10/16/1309970110

We are attempting to refine the 3D culture technique using various genetic and environmental prompts to improve the efficacy of the system, and also hopefully it's real world applications. At the moment we are still doing culture and skin equivalent model trials, but will hopefully attempt to grow some follicles in vivo in the near future.''
    Hmm this doesn't sound like any breakthrough yet. They haven't tried this in vivo yet, so there's no guarantee it will even work on humans. And he said "hopefully" so there's also no guarantee they will even try it on humans (in the near future).

Hey Guys I got an email response from him.

I asked essentially is the title of the presentation hinting at growing follicles with correct cosmetic features, his reply was:

''The work is a continuation of that described in the following paper:

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/10/16/1309970110

We are attempting to refine the 3D culture technique using various genetic and environmental prompts to improve the efficacy of the system, and also hopefully it's real world applications. At the moment we are still doing culture and skin equivalent model trials, but will hopefully attempt to grow some follicles in vivo in the near future.''
    Wow Jahoda actually answered to your email ? Nice one mate ! Unfortunately obviously they're not giving away much hints at how far they are, apart that they havent done new 'in vivo' experiments yet... But at this point I think the most important is the culture experiments and to see if they can retain gene expression (way) beyond that 22% they previously achieved. Really looking forward to their presentation in a few months !!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    My God Arashi.
    This is mind blowing. Things are moving so much faster than we expected! They've definitely built on their previous work...great news man. Thanks for sharing

Just made my day
    No problem Desmond, happy I made your day bro It did make mine as well, although we can only guess at this moment how far they are, I'm REALLY looking forward to their presentation !

Sorry to hijack.. Any chance of an update on your Fin usage Desmond? Lots of radio silence there

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Wow Jahoda actually answered to your email ? Nice one mate ! Unfortunately obviously they're not giving away much hints at how far they are, apart that they havent done new 'in vivo' experiments yet... But at this point I think the most important is the culture experiments and to see if they can retain gene expression (way) beyond that 22% they previously achieved. Really looking forward to their presentation in a few months !!
    It was actually Gardner who I got a response from bro. Haven't asked about any specifics yet lol.

When I said i hoped his team is going to crack the last piece of the DP puzzle his response was 'fingers crossed here aswell'...

and unfortunately there seems to be no communication/collaboration between team Jahoda and team Lin

and unfortunately there seems to be no communication/collaboration between team Jahoda and team Lin
    We should push for them to collaborate and exchange information. They'd be doing everyone a massive MASSIVE service.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    We should push for them to collaborate and exchange information. They'd be doing everyone a massive MASSIVE service.
    They would certainly be aware of each other already.