+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Man I would laugh so hard at all these "there will never be a cure in our lifetime" or "it will always be 10 years from now" type of people if in fact Jahoda's group already cracked it
    Stop deceiving other people and urself...

You said it yourself:
    This SOUNDS like they cracked that last part of the puzzle !
    How this became a fact in less than 10 minutes:

in fact Jahoda's group already cracked it
    I mean srsly...

Lets not jump to conclusions, and get excited from every shit..

Sharing news is good, but lets not throw numbers and deceive ourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    Stop deceiving other people and urself...

You said it yourself:

How this became a fact in less than 10 minutes:

I mean srsly...

Lets not jump to conclusions, and get excited from every shit..

Sharing news is good, but lets not throw numbers and deceive ourselves...
    I'm not deceiving anybody. You misread my post. Read it again and pay attention this time to the word 'IF'.

I do think this is going to be huge though. But the title doesnt say they restored inductivity to the point that the hair is 100% correct. So there might still be need for improvement.

If you assume now that they 100% cracked it, you might very well set yourself up for just another disappointment. Like we've seen so many. But still ... I have really good hopes this time !

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    His presentation could also be along the lines of the discussion section of a study talking about possible reasons and solutions for the lack of interaction, it would be pretty unbelievable if they figured this out so soon after their last publication
    I do agree with the first part of your post. This might very well be just talk about the subject. Possible ways to tackle the problem. We just don't know.

But unbelievable that they figured it out, that I disagree with. Remember that it's more than a year ago now that they succeeded with their experiment. Also remember that they already hinted at this being the problem (lack of influence from other cells). Maybe it was just as simple as that: add other (epethelial) cells to the culture. It doesnt sound unbelievable to me.

But I agree, it's dangerous to get too excited ... the more excited you are, the harder the disappointment will hit ...

Anyway, let's just hope for the best.

Also remember greatjob: after Jahoda's breakthrough report, another group in regenerative medecine cracked a similar problem in their field (I believe it was growing kidneys) by creating those cell interactions in culture (tricking the cells into believing they were still in the body). Which to me back then was at least an indication that Jahoda's own suggestion as to how to crack the last piece of the puzzle was correct. So again, unbelievable, that I really have to disagree with. Although I dont want to get too excited (which is as hard as it is already at this point, lol), I really do think it's at least possible they cracked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    But I agree, it's dangerous to get too excited ... the more excited you are, the harder the disappointment will hit ...

Anyway, let's just hope for the best.
    Totally agree.

I have a question Arashi.

Say hypothetically this is the final key to the puzzle, what would Jahoda's next steps be?
    Would he start clinical trials?

Hey Guys I got an email response from him.

I asked essentially is the title of the presentation hinting at growing follicles with correct cosmetic features, his reply was:

''The work is a continuation of that described in the following paper:

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/10/16/1309970110

We are attempting to refine the 3D culture technique using various genetic and environmental prompts to improve the efficacy of the system, and also hopefully it's real world applications. At the moment we are still doing culture and skin equivalent model trials, but will hopefully attempt to grow some follicles in vivo in the near future.''

In vivo.....near future....Good signs brothers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Totally agree.

Say hypothetically this is the final key to the puzzle, what would Jahoda's next steps be?
    Yes. He even said after the publications last year that he felt they could start trials 'soon' (whatever that may mean).

There is no need NOT to get excited (double negative emphasized to make a point).

They already have a cow heart that they developed from stem cells, works at 25% force but they are working on it. They have had a lung that they grew from stem cells from almost a year ago. It was so incredible they delayed announcing it until now.

Why can't they have finally solved how to grow human hair!!!

Understand by being cautious but let's not go overboard especially since I want them to move on the cure ASAP with human trials and not sit on it... wait... wait... for another 5 - 10 years.

Get those trials started now. It is only hair and it is only your own hair follicle cells being reinjected back to under your skin. It is not heart surgery or a new drug. It is simply adding more of Your Hair Follicles back to your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Totally agree.

I assumed they did already start that study? Or is that one enrolling 400 subjects independent?
    http://67.227.210.96/showthread.php?t=15412