+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Interesting video with Joe Rogan about balding

Watch the link above... Makes me think twice about getting the FUE procedure.... I already shaved my head and I look like shit...

Damn... what now
    Last edited by Winston; 02-20-2014 at 08:08 PM.

He pulls off the shaved look pretty good. We all don't have the ability to pull it off. I know it isn't for me. As far as transplants are concerned. You need to do your homework. Not sure what NW Joe Rogan was before, but people really need to prepare themselves before they commit to surgery. Going to a good doctor is key, along with managing expectations, and having a game plan. Most good looking transplants I imagine would require some kind of touch up work. If you are going into surgery as a high NW and you think you are going to come out with a juvenile hair line and original thickness, you are going to be disappointed.

He is talking about FUT, he is not talking about FUE. Why would you be afraid of getting FUE?

And don't worry, you have the upper hand by being a member on this site and getting recommended to good doctors that do good FUT's and FUE's.

Another thing, he says he got 3 hair transplants, but has nothing to show for. That to me shows he didn't do his homework and didn't go to one of the best HT docs, he probably went to overpriced Beverley Hills HT doc.

Don't read too much into things about failed HT's, those are people who just didn't do enough HW before choosing their doctor.

+1

It's sad, but naive people get what they deserve. There are countless of good results on our forums because we know the best surgeons. Hell they can even turn a NW6 into a NW2-ish.

3 FUT (And 3 scars) and nothing to show for it, I'm sorry but he got scammed by an incompetent surgeon.

I'm not a fanboy of hair transplants, but he says he had them when he was 26, so that was about twenty years ago. Much has improved since then.

Regardless of what you guys are saying, I still would be uncomfortable getting a hair transplant and actually growing it out because I've never seen a hair transplant that looks both thick and natural. Maybe one or the other... I'm open to being proven wrong I guess.

Yeah when he was 26 it was like 1994, HT's were still in baby stages then.

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    Regardless of what you guys are saying, I still would be uncomfortable getting a hair transplant and actually growing it out because I've never seen a hair transplant that looks both thick and natural. Maybe one or the other... I'm open to being proven wrong I guess.
    I've seen plenty, usually for NW2-4's, but the 4's need multiple HT's. But NW5+ are much trickier and need either larger sessions or 3+ sessions. I would never try to prove any one wrong about a HT, it's a decision one makes by themselves with research. However, you want to be proven wrong look at the HT section of this site, there's some pretty good one's there. Also I don't think having a really thick HT really matters most of the times, you see it in the patients reactions that they are happy and that HT was a positive life changing experience. Al that really matters is happiness in the patient. It's not like well done HT's are noticeable so I don't get the "natural" part.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Yeah when he was 26 it was like 1994, HT's were still in baby stages then.

I've seen plenty, usually for NW2-4's, but the 4's need multiple HT's. But NW5+ are much trickier and need either larger sessions or 3+ sessions. I would never try to prove any one wrong about a HT, it's a decision one makes by themselves with research. However, you want to be proven wrong look at the HT section of this site, there's some pretty good one's there. Also I don't think having a really thick HT really matters most of the times, you see it in the patients reactions that they are happy and that HT was a positive life changing experience. Al that really matters is happiness in the patient. It's not like well done HT's are noticeable so I don't get the "natural" part.
    This is also coming from someone that can cover their hairloss decently after taking fin/minox/keto and taking better care of my hair before I fell off the nw2 cliff. That being said I'm still insanely insecure about my hair.. At least I'm pretty sure I'm still at or before a NW2 pretty easily.. I completely understand that people with more loss look at it differently that I do, and that people look at hair differently in general.

Nice video, thanks!

Its nothing I haven't heard before but it's good to hear someone high profile be honest and accept themselves. I can't imagine how intensified hair loss stress is for people who's livelihood's depend on it.

He's still a crazy asshole though

My NW5 surely would be easier to accept if I was a celebrity...