+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thank you for posting this video.

I admire a guy like Joe Rogan he is a real man. The guy has some balls to just own it. He certainly does not deserve something bad to happen to him because he didn’t have access to the information that many have the opportunity to read and hear today. He strikes me as being a very sincere honest person so I didn’t quite get the he deserves it comment.

If you guys are so fond of hair transplants and have apparently had 'success' with your hair loss concerns/issues than why do you feel the need to regularly post on this forum? Unless your paid to endorse HT's?

I would rather wear a rug/hairpiece if it looks undetectable as opposed to getting a chunk of meat chopped out of the back of my head and then have holes drilled into the top... Only to have it fall out again over the next 1-2 years...

Try the hair piece then. And give us a feedback.

It’s called debating an issue and passing on what you know to others. One can derive a great deal of satisfaction by helping his fellow man. I would like to think the point of being on this Earth is to help those who can learn from our own experience in whatever form as it has been done for generations regardless of the subject. Sure there are plenty of people that really don’t give a rat’s ass and it’s all about them and how much they can consume cars, houses, jewelry, etc and they will do whatever they have to lie, cheat, and steal regardless of the consequences to others. Thankfully not everyone thinks the same or at least those that sell that lie have not achieved this goal. It does not lead to a happier life or a life where one feels better and some just never figure that out or figure it out too late.

If someone wants to wear a hair piece and they like it and don’t mind all the work that goes into it then more power to them. If a hair transplant is well planned with realistic expectations and goals it can give you some hair back without all the maintenance. But it does come down to being fully informed which takes time so most desperate young guys need to be advised to slow down, do not make a decision out of desperation and wait until that feeling passes even if it takes several years. Much better to make a decision when you don’t care either way as there are just too many in the industry that fall into the second group of having goals of more consumerism and don't give a rat's ass about you but they will pretend if necessary.

That was deep topcat.

That's basically why I'm still active on the forums, even though I'm at peace with my bald head for now. I went through countless scams, I believed the craziest things about hair loss when I started losing it. That's why I'm still here, I want to offer my help and knowledge to my fellow hair loss sufferers. I want to make them understand that they should always remain highly critical and sceptical about what they read or see on these forums.

Hopefully, topcat's contributions will stop oblivious young sufferers from ruining their life by rushing into a botched hair transplant.

Okay Socrates.... We're not philosophizing debating and hair loss... It's just hair loss and it sucks, no need to write figurative paragraphs about it.

I already went to Dr. Bernstein in NYC last December 2012 and he refused me a hair transplant because I'm too young... (25 years old) I've been dealing with it for 14+ months and I'm now sick and tired of the obsession and feeling ugly and disgusting (NW3 now)... I've tried every topical and oral treatment. They have just made the hair loss worse not to mention the side effects... I don't mind the extra maintenance if it takes me 20-30 extra minutes a day to wear a rug... It just becomes routine like brushing your teeth and washing your face eventually.. If it helps with my confidence and looks undetectable to normal people who aren't self conscious or obsessed with their hair loss like most balding/bald people than I'll deal with it happily.. Not to mention getting laid, I'll just make sure the ladies don't touch it when I'm banging them... And if anyone were to figure out it was a piece I'll just admit and say I look damn good with it...

Socrates never wrote anything.

If you think wearing a hair piece is like brushing your teeth, you have no idea how much you're wrong.

My father has been wearing one for 35 years now. How does he describe wearing a wig day in day out? Hell on earth.

Well firstly if he's been wearing one for 35 yrs than he's probably at least 60 yrs old. I would think at that age being bald wouldn't be a big deal considering most people have significant hair loss, so why would he still be wearing one?

Secondly, due to my hair loss obsession this past year, I have done extensive research into treatments and considering everything I've tried and all my available options, a hair piece is the way to go.

I know the best companies who offer the best quality systems online due to my research..

You're right though, I won't know for sure until I actually try it on which won't be until April... It could suck, but it's worth a try.. I ordered a partial so I won't have to shave anything off..

If it is hell on earth like you say, I'll just send it back and get refunded. No harm done except the feeling of hopelessness, until a legitimate treatment for hair loss is finally on shelves. Hopefully in the next couple years...

So I'll have to deal with the obsession a bit longer.

Fred you keeo bringing up your father who is wearing a complete trash hairpiece no offense from the 70's,

I agree Hairpiece is the way to go, I used to have amazing hair and still have a decent set but have to drop treatments because of sides, my body cannot handle AA's anymore,
    I dont want to wait for my hairloss to stabilize into some crap nw5 pattern and then go for a transplant with junk density and go for thousands of touchups as my hairloss keeps getting worse because i cant take fin etc,

So yes i will have to work with a piece to get the results i want, im sick of the sides but i dont want to be bald and/or have thin wispy hair

Jrw let me know how it goes bro, im ordering one really soon, im gona make the transition while i still have most of my hair so that noone suspects anything

My father is wearing the last cutting edge hair pieces, what do you think?

Your comment shows that you know nothing about hair pieces. Do you think you get one for life? You have to change every 6 months, because it gets damaged with time.

My father is 53, he wore his first hair piece at 18 years old, which means he wore nearly 70 hair pieces in his life. For a real, high quality hair piece, you'll have to pay about 700€. He tried everything hair piece-wise, everything! Synthetic versus real hair versus European hairs versus Indian hair. Glue, not glue, sewed to his real hair (yeah there was a trend among wig wearers in the early 90's, stupid of course).

My father is probably one of the most knowledgeable person you'll ever meet regarding hair pieces, he knows his shit. And here's the harsh truth: it's not and will never be viable solution for anyone suffering from hair loss. You can't go in the sun, you can't swim, you can't go out when it's windy, you can't wear helmets, you'll be terrified of being discovered, it's a real pain to maintain and most of you guys won't have the patience to do it yourself, so you'll have to pay for it at a salon. Last but not least: it's insanely expensive.

He still wears it because he just got used to it, he had an empty and crappy life, no to disrespect my father, but it's the reality. Wearing hair has prevented from doing anything with his life and anything he liked. The only positive: he seduced my mom, which would never have happened if he showed up bald, and here I am.