+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I would like to see all the news sources issue some kind of correction or retraction to what amounts to lying or misquoting the cure in 2 years many sources reported. Clearly we might be past that deadline already and its obvious that was false. Good to know journalistic integrity is a thing of the past

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I would like to see all the news sources issue some kind of correction or retraction to what amounts to lying or misquoting the cure in 2 years many sources reported. Clearly we might be past that deadline already and its obvious that was false. Good to know journalistic integrity is a thing of the past
    You'll never see any of these attention-whores like Cotsarelis retract their claims. None of them made any promises or guarantees... they just filled everyones head with a lot of false hope. It's not illegal what they did... but incredibly immoral when they KNEW there wasnt going to be jack shit on the market 'within 2 years'

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    You'll never see any of these attention-whores like Cotsarelis retract their claims. None of them made any promises or guarantees... they just filled everyones head with a lot of false hope. It's not illegal what they did... but incredibly immoral when they KNEW there wasnt going to be jack shit on the market 'within 2 years'
    I'm sure the FDA will think of a reason to Boycott it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    I'm sure the FDA will think of a reason to Boycott it.
    You mean needlessly prolong the trials.

this is one of the frontiers I'm most hopeful about. It's pretty difficult to find relevant information though.

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    this is one of the frontiers I'm most hopeful about. It's pretty difficult to find relevant information though.
    I cannot agree more, and I for one is very excited for this. It isn't false hope, they have the real deal here.. within 2years was obviously not accurate, but I do believe it will make its way to the market soon. Very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    Basically, what I got from the article is that there are 3 ways to help prevent hair loss, which is to either inhibit:

1.) prostaglandin D2 synthase (the enzyme that makes pgD2
    2.) GPR44 receptor of pgD2
    3.) PTGDR

So basically, we are definitely messing with hormones which means that it can potentially lead to side effects.

Which also means this has to go through FDA and it will take years and years for them to get a medication out. That is if they started clinical trials today but they don't even have a drug to do these things thus far. I don't know, if Tsuji Lab can come out with something within 12 years, this research is unmeaningful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I cannot agree more, and I for one is very excited for this. It isn't false hope, they have the real deal here.. within 2years was obviously not accurate, but I do believe it will make its way to the market soon. Very excited.
    Well locke said it well. We'll sooner get something from Tsuji, Dr. Xu or Jahodas team then from Follica and company.

I agree PGD2 has a lot of potential but we need it sooner rather then later. How about a treatment that just stops MPB from getting worse? Not even regrowing hair just keeping it yet there is nothing yet that even does that yet alone regrow anything.
    Im not a big fan on the idea of propecia long term because long term I still think its a losing battle and on top of that your then putting your health at risk too. Not worth it. Maybe PGD2 can lead to a safer treatment. Maybe even a topical that ends up working?

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I agree PGD2 has a lot of potential but we need it sooner rather then later. How about a treatment that just stops MPB from getting worse? Not even regrowing hair just keeping it yet there is nothing yet that even does that yet alone regrow anything.
    Im not a big fan on the idea of propecia long term because long term I still think its a losing battle and on top of that your then putting your health at risk too. Not worth it. Maybe PGD2 can lead to a safer treatment. Maybe even a topical that ends up working?
    Thats why many of us are hoping for CB. If CB can at least stop hair loss than suddenly HTs enter the equation as well. I truly hope CB will be effective.